back to article O2 vs Vodafone: Mobe firms grab for GCHQ, gov.uk security badge

Both Vodafone and O2 are claiming to be the best mobile phone network for people, particularly government people, who are worried about security. O2 is crowing about achieving the secure and government-approved network certification known as CAS(T), which stands for CESG Assured Service (Telecommunications), O2 being the first …

1. frank ly

Cyber Security Accreditation

If you get that, does it mean you've cooperated in installing GCHQ taps into your network?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Cyber Security Accreditation

No, it means your network is a non-trivial challenge except to certain GCHQ-restricted tools.

2. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    FAIL

Either one is very secure here in Scotland...

cos their coverage is crap. I have moved to a number based provider since there coverage is good, and I get 3G. In an interesting story, I got 4G on a trip to Birmingham a fews weeks ago, which was slower than the 3G speed I get here, so not overly impressed with 4G.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Either one is very secure here in Scotland...

You got 3G in Birmingham? Clearly not in the areas I've worked....

3. dephormation.org.uk
    Unhappy

Vodafone...?

The telco that allowed the Californian company Bluecoat to covertly monitor their UK network, engaged in replay attacks launched from Bluecoat's offices in California, and all done without knowledge or content from either party to the communications... that one?

See,

Vodastalk; Vodafone and Bluecoat Stalking Subscribers

https://nodpi.org/2011/06/22/vodastalk-vodafone-and-bluecoat-stalking-subscribers/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like