back to article Stop begging, startup-land, and start YELLING at Catch of the Day

Thank you, Catch of the Day: in taking three years – three years – to own up to a data breach (and by the way doing it late on a Friday afternoon), Australians have had a first-rate demonstration of why we need data breach disclosure laws. It would be welcome news that the egregious Asshat-of-the-Day episode has finally …

1. Mark 65

Welcome

Welcome to Australia. Hand over your hard-earned and take it like a man. You are a cash-cow to be milked by big corporates in the land of plenty (but not of competition). Tony salutes you as he tramples over your peasant tax-bitch corpse.

1. Rastus

Re: Welcome

And, of course, the previous government was just perfect!

1. LaeMing
        Facepalm

Re: Welcome

The previous government was, of course, largely indistinguishable from the present one. Or the one before. But I fail to see how that makes it alright.

2. JLV
    Joke

buzzword

Ah, another spin on my favorite buzzword, proactive.

Which until now I had assumed to be largely meaningless corps-speak, with a vague connotation of 'in advance' or 'to anticipate'.

Using proactive to describe reacting three years late? Maybe it's an entirely meaningless word after all.

1. Captain DaFt

Re: buzzword

Its main use is make the speaker sound like like they're actively doing something when they're not.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like