back to article OK Google: Gobble chat app Emu. OK Google, now shut down Emu

Google has confirmed that it has opened up its wallet to acquire the development team behind the mobile chat app Emu. The web giant has not said what Emu's developers will work on at the Chocolate Factory, but we do know that the new jobs will not include maintaining any of the startup's products. Members of the Emu team …

1. Cliff

There's somebody at the door!

That's all.

2. solo

All they want is

Their skills? Come on.They want to bring cool factor to their chocolates.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Members of the Emu team posted Wednesday...

No, don't understand the third paragraph: "Members of the Emu team posted Wednesday that they had been gobbled..."

I think there's a word missing. Perhaps the editor at the Reg should correct the error. I presume that's why you're there; or maybe you need a proof reader.

1. NumptyScrub

Re: Members of the Emu team posted Wednesday...

There was a post on Wednesday, by members of the Emu team, containing the information that "they had been gobbled".

Not the best way of putting it, but certainly capable of parsing.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Dropping the 'on' from 'on [time reference]' is a standard Americanism, Surely you've been online long enough to recognise this? Even if you don't, it's perfectly understandable with application of less effort than you spent complaining about it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yes be quiet. Don't you know complaining things waste effort? It's standard internet to be barely literate and as long people understand ok!

4. Lamont Cranston

Was this a free app, or had the users paid for it?

If it's the latter, do they get their money back?

5. zbcontent

Another flightless bird passes into posterity

I don't know about anyone else, but perhaps, as an early adopter, I got special treatment, as my Emu stopped working yesterday around 4pm and hasn't returned. I keep getting an error message and Emu support is, understandably, not so interested in fixing it.

Alas, poor Emu, I knew him well, an app of infinite usefulness...

6. Servman

Sounds like MS in the '90s

"Mr. Simpson, we can't tell what, if anything, Compuglobalhypermeganet does. So, to avoid having you as a competitor, I've decided to just buy you out."

7. Graham Marsden

"We know it's an inconvenience...

"... but we don't give a damn because we want to ensure that you don't have a choice of products, so you can only use ours..."

FTFY.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like