1. DaLo

no commenting?

Just wondering why comments were turned off on the Oracle article. The one where they confirmed they were biting Micros?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: no commenting?

OK, so we have a new bug - this is the second time I am aware of it occurring. We will repair next week.

1. AbelSoul

Re: so we have a new bug

No comments on today's NSA article. Related perhaps?

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Re: so we have a new bug

Nah, that was to avoid a flamewar in which we get loads of people reporting each others comments. In the end, I donned the fire-proof suit and switched the comments on.

C.

2. Josampak

Hello, I can't create new threads of my own. I would ask how to fix this in a thread of my own, but I can't... :(....

This seemed like the most relevant suggested thread title so I posted a comment in here to ask about my problem. I hope that's okay cause I don't have any other option

So how do I create new threads on the forum instead of just posting in existing ones? Is this exclusive to new members to prevent spam or something? Or is this a bug?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

You need to have posted 5 times, in order to be able to start your own thread: linky

It's in the house rules, just above the posting form. You've only posted 4 times, so you just have to reply to me saying thanks, yaboosucks, or go-stick-your-head-in-a-pig, and you'll be good to go.

3. Gavin Berry

Why where comments accepted, then deleted and turned off for the nazi Digital rights article?

Myself and another commented, but then comments where turned off and our comments deleted.

Wondered why.

A cynical person would say it appears to be because our comments were critical of the article....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/01/defend_your_digital_rights_you_must_be_a_nazi_then/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon