Strange invite received from @sitpub.com citing one comment of mine

This topic was created by SecretSonOfHG .

1. SecretSonOfHG

Strange invite received from @sitpub.com citing one comment of mine

I've received a message in my mailbox inviting me to rework a comment to ask the CEO and CTO of goTenna about their product on an online chat .

After a few years commenting on this site (and having 1207/284 up/downvote ratio) it is the first time something like this happens.

But that comment itself was completely unrelated to the product, thus I don't see what value I could add to the discussion. On top of that it was posted (as I most always do) as an AC. Hence someone linking my comment in the article to my mail address has to be able to look up in the site innards.

So what is this? A new kind of (rather blind because my comment has evidently not been read before considering me to participate in that forum) attempt to increase reader engagement? Or The Reg having some kind of hole where one can poke at the identity of people posting as an AC? Hope that it is not the latter.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Strange invite received from @sitpub.com citing one comment of mine

Thanks. Can you tell me, please, who that was so I can follow it up? Email cwilliams @ theregister dot co dot uk, thanks.

FWIW Sitpub stands for Situation Publishing, the biz wot does The Register.

C.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon