back to article Has your IT budget expanded or contracted in the summer heat?

The austerity years are almost over, depending who you believe. But will IT budgets ever recover? Whatever the vendors and the beancounters say, the people who really know where the money’s going are you, the Reg Readers at the coal face. So help us out, and fill in this quick survey. It won’t take long, and by the end of it …

1. ColonelClaw

Admittedly my company is very small, but I'm happy to report that at the very least the industry we work in, (architectural visualisation i.e. the building idustry) is getting stronger every week. After a few very dodgy years indeed, where we lost half our employees, we now have possibly the largest volume of work in our history. All this means I got to spend £20k on a shiny new Supermicro 2U 4-node rendering device. There's also another 10k or so available to buy a few workstations. It's been over 5 years since our IT spending was anywhere near these levels.

2. James 100

Well, FTTC just reached the area our office is in ... and we switched to TalkTalk ADSL because it's cheaper. For an office of 5, relying on VoIP for two of our three outside lines. My desktop there is now one of those old AMD three core things (Phenom?) and an analogue LCD monitor at least ten years old. Shoestring doesn't really cover it ... though at least I'm only in there half a day each week now!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon