back to article iOS services intended solely for diagnostics: 'I don’t buy it for a minute'

This was the week when Edward Snowden revealed that not only is the National Security Agency (NSA) snooping on everyone, violating their privacy and raking through their online information, they’re also sniggering at their nudie pics. Snowden told The Guardian that one of the “perks” of the job of snooping on everyone’s web …

1. HKmk23

Oh come on

Our beloved boys in blue have not upped the bar since they hid in hedges to catch speeding motorists with stop watches.....

1. TonyJ

Re: Oh come on

Except to outsource even that function to cameras.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh come on

Except to outsource even that function to cameras.

Well, yes, think of the hedges..

2. Mystic Megabyte
    Linux

My fault

I am entirely to blame for the BBC outage :(

I typed get_iplayer --get everything

3. breakfast Silver badge
    Holmes

Enlightened

I suddenly understood the name "iPlayer" yesterday and awarded the BBC several points for coming up with a name that totally went past me for years.

4. Captain DaFt

Lessee...

BBC, one of the biggest News (read: data about Earth)centers gets hit with an unexpected access that overloads the system.

According to the SF trope handbook, that can only mean that alien life has initiated First Contact!

Now, since we are still here and there's no Emissary Blarg addressing the UN, the reasonable supposition is that:

They came.

They saw.

They said, "Uh, maybe we'll try again in 10 million years."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like