back to article YouTube radio stream boss 'quits Google' amid outcry from indie labels

The manager for Google's controversial and yet-to-launch YouTube music streaming service is leaving, the Wall Street Journal claims. Chris LaRosa is the second boss to quit the streaming subscription project in a year, the paper suggests. Assuming the report is correct, he's joining a startup. YouTube sealed deals with major …

1. Daggerchild Silver badge

Curious..

So is this good ejecting bad (meaning sanity may now prevail), bad ejecting good (Execute Order 66), or just random noise messing with us (I like turtles).

WSJ: "Those delays have resulted from internal arguments" - Dangit, where's a mole when you need one. If there's a big internal powergrab going on, we're missing it.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Curious..

When we find out, we'll let you know.

C.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Curious..

This is Google. No one argues with anyone else. No one disagrees about anything and everything is good, no matter what anyone says. Google knows best dear.

Now please move on.

2. Mark 85

I suspect that with the old head guy gone, Google might change it's attitude. But there's a nagging doubt. I think that this new service will be dead from the negative publicity before it even goes live.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think that this new service will be dead from the negative publicity before it even goes live.

'fraid not.

We are now so conditioned to putting up with shit, to get something for free, Joe public will just go "meh, I can still get talentless plastic bimbo videos, so I'm happy!

3. graeme leggett Silver badge

That's handy. In any back-tracking that google/youtube do now over the indie music issue, the problems can all be blamed on one lone engineer executive

4. Flywheel

Circles

Let me guess .. old Head leaves to start new streaming service; grow said service for 6 months or; Indies flock in droves to new savio(u)r; Google steps in and buys them out.

5. Anonymoist Cowyard
    FAIL

2 + 2 =

Upset, vocal but ultimately irrelevant hipster indie labels and two people leaving Google does not automatically make a story. When you have however many tens of thousands of employees, guess what, they will sometimes leave.

Sorry.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like