back to article Still no move by Brit data cops over Google's 2012 privacy slurp

Britain's data cops are still investigating Google's sneaky privacy policy tweak from last year, even though many of its counterparts elsewhere in Europe have already taken action against the advertising giant. On Monday, Italy's regulator warned Google that it had 18 months to comply with the Rome's demands or else face fines …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ICO - not fit for purpose

TIme to pension it off to the Knacker's Yard.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google collecting data on UK citizens?

I'm sure the UK government will want to speedily draft a bill to tighten regulations concerning the privacy of its citizens...

Oh, wait... that's right they don't give a shit.

3. Alistair
    Coat

ummm

Italian "Databinieri" -- wouldn't that be more like Iron Mountain et al, or is my pun detector on sensitive today?

4. a53

lol

I expect they're trying to work out how best to use the info Google collected.

5. Someone Else Silver badge
    FAIL

And this surprises you, how?

6. streaky
    Terminator

Prosecution?

Easy defence: pot/kettle/black.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

" how it allows us to create simpler, more effective services"

Maybe, but that's not what privacy protection laws are about. They are about protecting citizens privacy and personal data, not about allowing Google to creat simpler, more effective services to slurp them.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Unhappy

Re: " how it allows us to create simpler, more effective services"

" not about allowing Google to creat simpler, more effective services to slurp them."

You have the emphasis exactly right.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like