back to article German brain surgeon flies in for vital LOHAN operation

We invite fans of our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) mission to raise a foaming stein or two today to Linus Penzlien - the man who has recklessly volunteered to perform brain surgery on our Vulture 2 spaceplane's Pixhawk autopilot. Linus poses with a quadchopper Linus, 34, will fly from his native Hamburg to …

1. Pypes
    Pint

Yes a stein

Mines the witbier

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Yes a stein

Witbier is a Belgian wheat beer, usually lightly spiced and slightly sour. Linus is more likely to drink a German wheat beer i.e. Weizenbier/Weissbier, which is not spiced but instead has delicious banana and/or clove aromatics produced by the particular local yeast strain. My personal preference (among wheat beers) is for dark wheat beers i.e. Dunkelweizen, keep an eye out for Franziskaner Dunkel which is especially good.

Cheers!

1. Michael Dunn

Re: Yes a stein

An upvote for the Franziskaner Dunkel!

2. emmanuel goldstein

Can't wait...

LOHAN is starting to take on grown-up dimensions and excitement levels are rising fast!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

13 month old son?

He's probably glad to get away so that he can catch up on his sleep.

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: 13 month old son?

It's odd that people use the phrase "sleeping like a baby" to indicate sleeping well. When an adult says "I slept like a baby last night" I usually reply "so you woke up every couple of hours crying because you shat yourself again?". The look on their face is priceless.

4. imanidiot Silver badge
    Pint

No better boffins

than German boffins in a lot of areas of expertise. I congratulate LOHAN on snatching up a fine example!

I'll make mine an Erdinger.

5. ukgnome

Sysadmin huh?

I hope you're cattle-prod proof

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Sysadmin huh?

Cattle-prod proof? He wields one, more likely

I'll raise a Hefe Weizen as well

6. jonathan keith

Edge

I noticed the Edge whosit sponsorship logo at the bottom of the report and my kneejerk reaction - glad that Tim Langdell's no longer in business.

That's all - carry on.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon