back to article New Doctor Who episode leaks online as proper trailer debuts

The mess at BBC Worldwide's Miami office that saw scripts for the new series of Doctor Who leak online has worsened, with a whole episode now doing the rounds of torrent sites. Radio Times reports that a “rough black and white edit” of the series' first episode, titled “Deep Breath”, escaped from the BBC's Miami office and …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yup...

It's legit. Black and white with ridiculous CGI but it's definitely the real episode. Someone, somewhere is going to get shot.

1. Down not across

Re: Yup...

I would've thought they'd done something after the first leak.

Guess not. Or if they did, certainly not enough.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Yup...

I would've thought they'd done something after the first leak.

This may have escaped all at once, just leaked bit by bit.

I won't look at it, I rather like Dr Who (although I must admit that the trailer was a bit too much Hollywood for my liking).

2. Stevie

Re: Someone, somewhere is going to get shot.

Please please please let it be the f*cktard who voices the "programs to come" adverts on BBC America in the same superloudshouty voice twenty or thirty times an evening with exactly the same annoying cadence (the one-size-fits-all-uses "Top Gear Delivery") every f*cking time.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't look Ethel!

Too late, she looked.

1. P. Lee

Re: Don't look Ethel!

Mooned 'er... right there in front of the home team!

3. Dave Horn

Doctor F****** Who?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Would you prefer non-IT articles about the Kardashians?

1. Phil W

I believe you'll find he was referencing Peter Capaldi's some what expletive filled lines in The Think Of It.

Search YouTube for "Malcolm Tucker - A Tribute to Brilliant Swearing" for prime examples.

4. Roj Blake Silver badge

Omnishambles

This is an omnishambles so big even M. Tucker wouldn't be able to sort it out

1. Phil W

Re: Omnishambles

Yes he f***ing would!

5. Anon the mouse

The wanted a worldwide release

Well the BBC were reportedly trying to do a simultaneous worldwide release of each episode. Maybe this was their plan

6. Mr Templedene

if it was a decent copy I might be interested in a sneak peek, but a rough draft? I'd rather wait for the full glory of the finished product.

1. Yugguy

Indeed. It's a bit like when I used to get offered the latest films off friends which actually turned out to be them holding up their mobile phone at the cinema screen for 90 minutes.

I'll just wait til it comes on TV thanks.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's real enough

There's potentially other episodes out there too if someone bothered to download them - the scripts were all originally uploaded with copies of the episodes to give something to sync the voiceover with during recording.

I don't know what the original encoding quality of the uploads was like but they would have been (by necessity) the final edit.

Personally I'd rather wait a few weeks for the broadcast quality versions.

8. ukgnome

Whilst I have no experience I do fancy living in Miami, and I hold an excellent data retention record. In fact I am so tight with data that no one gets any emails!

1. Havin_it
      Joke

Nonsense, you've been trying to sell me penis pills for the last month! Didn't you notice the backscatter from my Barracuda?

[Actually, most of your post reads very similarly to that other email you sent me proposing marriage if I paid for your passport and flight. I did reply to that one, but that was before you started sending me the penis-pill ones. What am I to infer from this? I should point out that the photo I sent back was taken on a rather chilly morning!]

9. Fatty Treats

Great publicity though isn't it?

Just sayin'

10. eJ2095

Why are people moaning

If they dont want to watch or read the leaked version then dont.

Spoiler averted.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, there appears to be a dalek involved. And probably cybermen.

Big f*cking surprise.

Oh, and Clara is still there? I used to hate Donna Noble with a passion, but they actually managed to find someone else more irritating. Don't get me wrong, Jenna Louise Coleman is pretty hot but I find the part she plays is just really annoying.

I remember a time when Dr Who writers had imagination...

1. Bucky 2

The Clara character has potential. She's just not nearly enough like Oswin in "Asylum of the Daleks" in her current incarnation, and the way she is NOT like Oswin is irritating.

And come on. Catherine Tate is hysterical. I love, love, LOVE Catherine Tate. Any excuse to see her act in anything is a treat (even to the point that a strong woman like Donna Noble would never whine about career and marriage--I don't care that it doesn't make a lick of sense).

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Someone, somewhere is going to get shot."

Is that a spoiler or a prediction?

13. lorisarvendu

Important Historical Document?

Allegedly it's an hour 15 mins long and contains scenes and dialog that didn't make it into the final cut. As such it would definitely be interesting to watch after the official airing. Kind of a massive "Deleted Scenes" for Ep1.

14. 33rpm

Rule #1 Moffat Always Lies

it is well known that Moffat always and misdirects about upcoming episodes. I wouldn't put it past him to have this done intentionally.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon