back to article 'Oh my god – Mark Zuckerberg wants to meet me'

This was the week when we discovered that all you have to do to earn thousands of dollars a month is be an IT wunderkind that catches the eye of one of Silicon Valley’s many tech boy emperors. In a bid to secure the best possible talent, it appears that US tycoons are now drafting ‘em in young, wafting huge salaries and perks …

1. psychonaut

aliens

and...wait for it...queue religious nutcase statement in T minus 5....4......3.......2......1.....

1. LucreLout
      Trollface

Re: aliens

Now, you see, this could have been a use for Google Glass.

The kid could have set some recording, walked straight up to Zuckerberg, punched him in the face and said "code this bitch". Then sold advertising on YouTube while waiting for the hits to roll in by the million. He'd have made more in a month than he'll make in 5 years, and could have accepted an internship over at Goople instead.

Seriously MZ, you might be hiring people that can code, but evidently they can't think critically about profit/loss :)

2. disgruntled yank

Re: aliens

Sir, I believe you just supplied it.

2. Julian Taylor
    WTF?

Wait a second (geddit??).

1) Tag already DO make a mobe via ModeLabs and branded by them.

2) Tag's design team is actually British, albeit under Christoph Behling.

3) Tag now uses a number of Seiko parts in its watches

A bit fairer to say "Assembled in Switzerland", rather like the fruity firm has "designed in Cupertino".

3. PCS

$6213 per month for a 17 year old?

I'm in the wrong game.

4. ItsNotMe
    Mushroom

If Marky-Poo is someone these kids look up too...

...God help the future of civilization.

5. Jurassic

Mario Ortelli: "The Swiss have got no great interest in working with Apple"

Mario, have you actually interviewed executives at the various Swiss companies to find out if they were interested in working with Apple or not, or is this just you spouting your own negative bias???

I highly suspect the latter, since many luxury companies (including Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, and Jaguar) are working on products in partnership with Apple... and they are proudly promoting that partnership.

But if in the event that you actually do come across a luxury product company that says that they would not work with Apple, it's probably because they are like nerds who know that they have no chance of getting a date with the hot girl, so they tell everyone that they would never want to go out with her (to save face). :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like