back to article Ham-fisted farmer fear: A peanut-butter-and-iPhone sandwich

Japanese farmers are claiming some shipments of grain from the USA include smartphones. The phones' presence isn't an Internet of Things play. Nor is it a new food craze. Instead, as reported by Japanese news outlet Mainichi, (through the Associated Press), it appears that US farmers are dropping their phones while they work …

1. ukgnome
    Coat

Would this make it a Kellogg phone?

Tasty Fruit and Fibre?

*I'm going, and I didn't have a jacket, I just sorta dropped it at work.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At least there's SOME honest people in the world. Drop your phone in a taxi 10seconds from your house in blighty and it's gone forever.

3. John Tserkezis

Good for them. In Australia, all we get extra in our final-product jars, is bits of broken glass and toxic chemicals.

4. Gene Cash Silver badge

Relevant

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2743

5. Aslan

I love The Register.

I love The Register.

6. DNTP

A word of safety advice for all you phone owners out there: If you drop your phone into a grain silo DONT GO IN TO LOOK FOR IT.

You will die and not get your phone back.

1. Martin Budden Silver badge

It is possible that you might get your phone back. You may even just have time to call someone and tell them "Help I'm stuck inmmmmmffffarghk". But yeah, the dying bit will ruin your whole day.

1. Mark 85

And it really makes a gawdawful mess if the auger at the bottom is running.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why don't they sift the grain? perhaps to get rid of dead rats as well as phones.

8. WereWoof
    Happy

So If it was an iPhone does that mean it was Fruit`n`Fibre?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like