back to article 'Maximized minimalism' is Samsung's spiel for Galaxy S5 Mini

Samsung is shrinking its flagship Galaxy smartphone to produce a 4.5in S5 Mini handset, a trick it says represents "maximised minimalism". The South Korean giant said the Galaxy S5 Mini would sport the smaller screen size as part of an effort to expand the appeal of the Galaxy line to those turned off by the bulkier 5.1in …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No. I don't want to be the first to get this piece of knock-off plasticy naffness. I want to be the first to get an iPhone 6.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I want to be the first to get an iPhone 6.

Dude. You're a barista!

1. El_Fev

Re: I want to be the first to get an iPhone 6.

More likely someone who wants a phone, that still gets operating system updates after 1 year! pissed off Samsung s3 mini user! :(

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. MrWibble

Once again "Mini" phone has mini spec (comparable to the S3, I think). How about a high range phone in a smaller package Samsung? One thing Sony has got right, IMO.

4. Jonathon Green

Am I the only one here to be boggling at the idea of a 4.5" screen being the "mini" option - I can remember people mocking my (late, lamented, stolen) Galaxy S2 for being ridiculously large... :-)

5. RyokuMas
    Facepalm

"Maximised Minimalism"

Odds on this applying to pre-loaded bloatware? My money's on zero...

6. James 51

This shouldn't be called the S5 mini. That implies that it has the spec and performance of the S5 just in a smaller case. This is one thing sony have gotten right.

7. The future's Green

Show me the Battery!

Agree the spec is below that of the Sony Z1 Compact, however one plus point about Samsung's premium phones (s4, s5, Note 3) is their user-replaceable batteries. Hopefully the S5 mini battery is also replaceable unlike equivalent offerings from most other manufacturers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like