back to article Touchscreen BlackBerry 'Thunder' to storm to market in Q3?

Stormclouds could be forming over Research in Motion's headquarters - and for once we're not referring to the 3G iPhone. It has been claimed that the company will unveil a touchscreen BlackBerry in Q3. Although website BGR hasn’t shared the source of this information, the website claims the device is codenamed 'Thunder' and is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Hurray!!!

My contract finishes in October - I wanted BlackBerry anyway so that's like a godsend!

Come on RIM can you release earlier so prices can go down a little before October ;)

2. Gary Littlemore

Re: Hurray

My contract ends in September, so I will be looking for this too.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

IMO

I personally think BBs beat iPhones as it is, with or without a touchscreen, but then I'm more of a browser than a music man anyway. But a touchscreen BB I could easily see doing well against the iPhone and I think the sometimes understated RIM have a realistic chance of putting up a good fight, if it wanted to in the first place!

4. Richard

Good to see ...

... that the iPhone is causing other vendors to up their game ... so should be good for customers, better specs, better GUIs and hopefully better prices all round!

5. Daniel B.
    Thumb Up

Wahoo!!!

Ok, I really don't care about touchscreen ... but this one means the BB can fight on even ground with the iPhone! w00t!!!

Even if I dislike the Jobsphere and the current state of Apple, I do agree that the iPhone seems to have sent handset manufacturers into an innovation spree. I just hope that the 9000's will be available when my contract finishes.... which will be 'till July 2009. Plenty of time! :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like