back to article Permabit squeezes its Albireo dedupe fruit, offers juice to vendors

Permabit is still aiming to strike OEM gold from its dedupe technology and has added compression to its Albireo deduper, aiming to help disk array vendors compete better against the all-flash and hybrid array startups. The idea is to enable disk array vendors to offer reduction of primary data, generally unavailable currently …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

can they get it from their preferred vendor?

Which OEMs use Permabit? Doesn't seem like a good question to ask unless/until we know which OEMs are using this fancy Permabit technology.

2. Paul Hargreaves

> NetApp FDAS

A new model?

I looked at the numbers. 200MB/sec and low IOPs ' from published materials' but nowhere does he reference the model, age, configuration, benchmark aim, price, or even just a few URLs

> EMC VNX & NetApp FAS not recommended for primary storage workloads involving high random IOPs

Seriously? I'm guessing that someone needs to tell both ours, and EMCs, massive customer bases running practically every workload possible that they've obviously made a mistake. Or could it be that we're comparing Apples to Oranges? What are we comparing here?

Next I looked for externally audited benchmarks from Permabit on SPC-1: http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc1/#spc1

So I'll disclose now and I must put up my blog post. On a special benchmark I ran on my lab at NetApp I got 420,000,000,000,000 IOPs and 6PB/sec! Beat that!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

So you obviously work at Netapp's newly invigorated marketing dept :-)

3. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.