back to article Wi-Fi WarKitteh and DDoS Dog to stalk Defcon 22

A security boffin has created a 'WarKitteh' capable of sniffing Wi-Fi packets. Tenacity evil genius researcher Gene Bransfield (@gbransfield) combined a series of garden-variety technologies to evolve the humble house cat into a walking, purring WiFi war machine capable of pawing packets while maintaining enough agility to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. CAPS LOCK

Relying on cats to do things...

... is an exercise in futility.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Relying on cats to do things...

> Relying on cats to do things is an exercise in futility.

It only took the CIA $25m to work that one out...

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

"the equipment was taken out of the cat; the cat was re-sewn for a second time, and lived a long and happy life afterwards"

Scratch Monkey levels of Unbelievable reached!

1. phuzz Silver badge

Not to be confused with the story Scratch Monkey by Charlie Stross

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
        Unhappy

"It only took the CIA $25m to work that one out..."

I saw that movie.

It's called "The Spy with the Wet Nose" with Lionel Jeffries.

But while I was watching I though "You gotta be bats**t crazy to think anyone's going to do this IRL"

How little did I know.

2. Gordon 10
      Terminator

Re: ... is an exercise in futility.

I would have thought the beauty of using cats is that once you reach a critical mass of them - it doesn't matter whether 1 cat or many cats pass by your target - you can be assured that one will at some point.

Besides the logical next step is equipping them with Google Glasses and guiding them to their target with judicious application of AR fluttering birds and scampering mice.

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Cats n Dogs...

Shortyly we will have this kind of kitty... http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1267112192/tt0239395?ref_=ttmd_md_nxt

3. Elmer Phud
    Pirate

Catspaw

Does this mean I can now buy a crossbow to protect myself from potential Syrian hackers?

No, I really have no intentions at stopping the buggers from crapping in my garden, none at all, it is all in the interests of National Security and the protection of my fellow (and fellow-ess) citizens.

1. David Roberts

Re: Catspaw

Just get yourself a very large tomcat to maintain a cat and crap free zone around your property.

In the interests of communications security, of course.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"15 percent of the world's internet traffic is dedicated to cats"

[Citation Needed]

5. Sir Barry
    Coat

America's 80 million dogs and 96 million cats into his purr-sonal electronic army

Introducing these Dogs of War could be a Catastrophe...

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: America's 80 million dogs and 96 million cats into his purr-sonal electronic army

Yeah, afterwards everyone is like "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT", "IT WASN'T ME" and "SIT, ISIS, SIT!!"

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You'd think they'd have tried to train the cat before operating on it...

Still with this project, you could probably get people to volunteer their cats as war-kittehs by letting them see the GPS data of where their cat has been.

7. Alistair
    Coat

Cats, Dogs and internet $$geddon

And it will all come to nought with herd of squirrells to distract 'em all.

1. Intractable Potsherd

Re: Cats, Dogs and internet $$geddon

"Dray" or "scurry", not "herd" (you don't want to know why I know that ...)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like