back to article Jihadist fears spark new spook powers

Australia's federal government is reportedly about to use Australians travelling to fight with jihadists in Syria as the basis for giving new local powers to ASIO. The Daily Telegraph has been briefed by cites “intelligence sources” as saying that laws soon to go to parliament will give the Australian Security Intelligence …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dan1980

The Commies Muslims are out to get us!!!

1. Elmer Phud

Reds under the flying carpet

"The Commies Muslims are out to get us!!!"

I am concerned about the recent increase of Fundamentalist propaganda, first it's support the good guys and now the good guys are the bad guys but we can't ask for our money back.

Can't we just go back to the good old days where fuzzy wuzzies were always heathens who stole our mehmsahibs for the slave market?

How come it has (once again) turned in to Carry On Up The Khyber with Brother Belcher warning us about the horrors of anyone non-Xtian?

Whatever happened to the Axis of Evil? (sorry - Eeeeville ).

2. Rastus

"The Commies Muslims are out to get us!!!" - well, they actually are (the Muslims, that is), it's just that many people think that political correctness will save them. Being "nice" to them will *never* work, and won't save you when they come knocking.

2. Elmer Phud
    Flame

Global Con spiracy

Ah, as it is in Blighted, so it shall be in Oz.

And if anyone, bloody anyone, says "well, if you've got nothing to hide" I may be up before the beak for assault!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Global Conspiracy

For myself, I've got loads of things to hide. But it's not that they're illegal or anything, ... they're just none of anyone else's business.

This topic is closed for new posts.