back to article Apple's October iWatch beefy, 'arched' – report

The iWatch – or whatever Cook & Co. choose to call their next gamble innovation – will go into mass production at Taiwan's Quanta next month and will be available to adorn the wrists of the world this October, a new report claims. The October release date is not new, but three of those ever-loquacious sources "familiar with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Apple expects to ship 50 million devices

Shouldn't that be....

A few self promoting analysists predict that Apple may ship as much as 50 million devices. any estimate like this has to be taken with a big pinch of salt and a close examination of the stock portfolio of those analysists just in case they are trying to 'embiggen' (crap word really) their holdings by hyping the stock.

It does not matter if you loathe or love Apple, you can't deny that they are very good at not releasing estimates on the numbers of devices they will sell. Apple do report the numbers of devices they have sold not shiped. A few other companies might like to do the same.

2. Snapper
    Unhappy

Yawn

Another excuse to get Apple in the title Rik?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yawn

So what? Much better than Jasper Whotshisname.

"Plague of locusts invade Scotland. Locusts are insects. Like those aliens in Independence Day, but smaller. Which were defeated by a weather scientist using a Mac. Fruity firm blablabla forget-about-the-original-rumour-all-I-can-do-is-complain-about-Apple".

3. bex

20 plus years without a watch and counting so Idon'twant

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Cool story bro'

4. Hud Dunlap
    Facepalm

you mean about the size of the iPhone 4?

And about the same price too?

I don't get it.

1. jai

Re: you mean about the size of the iPhone 4?

did someone cut your iPhone 4 in half or something?

that size is only 50% bigger than the iPod Nano (6th gen) that worked very well on a watch strap. if there's any truth in this rumour then i suspect we'll see a rectangular screen, so the screen will be aboutsize as the 7th gen ipod nano. if so, then it's going to curve around your wrist i guess.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gamble ?

The iWatch – or whatever Cook & Co. choose to call their next <del>gamble</del> innovation

In the last decade, how many innovations have been gambles that did not pay off (i.e. failures) ?

6. CmdrX3

Oh look...

Another rumour from some random person who heard it from his friends aunts brothers grandfathers nephews friend whose cousin is best friends with a highly placed cleaner "who is familiar with the situation" because they clean the floors in Apple's R&D department.

If only we could build an entire internet industry around shit like this......... oh wait!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like