back to article Gartner deploys new converged-systems quadragon rankings

Gartner has produced a new and intriguing magic quadrant diagram for converged server/storage and networking systems - which it calls integrated systems. The leading supplier is VCE, the Cisco/EMC/VMware ménage-à-trois love child, closely followed by the Cisco-NetApp FlexPod system and also Oracle with its engineered systems. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. CAPS LOCK

Another Gartner press release?

Really? Is it a slow news day does Gartner Know Something?

2. Hardcastle the ancient

throw rocks

I am sick and tired of finger-in-the-air futurology, especially by Gartner.

Why do journalists not go back to thier previous pronouncements and call them out on them?

3. frank ly

"Completeness of Vision"

What does that even mean?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Re: "Completeness of Vision"

It means they don't have a fucking clue what they are on about.However the equally clueless won't like to admit they don't have a clue either, so will start to use this phrase, in order to pretend they know what they are on about when talking to equally clueless people.

In short, manglement speak.

2. Dunstan Vavasour

Do the products do all you'd want them to, and do they keep bringing out new stuff.

Most of these offerings are fulfilling the same needs (though in very different ways) which is why there is a vertical line on the right. Teradata is a niche product that's not going to tread on the toes of IBM's Pure, so probably shouldn't be among this lot.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Boffin

Re: "Completeness of Vision..."

... said the blind man to the deaf man.

I can hazard at best a guess, but a somewhat informed one from the KM world. "How many tick marks are marked on Some Gartner ANALyst's Checklist."

4. Euripides Pants

"What does that even mean?"

They have control of the Eye O' Sauron...

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Vision == Technology + Roadmap

Let's be civil guys. I don't envy the job the Gartner analysts have to create these contentious MQs. Unless you have a better evaluation technique, please don't be so negative.

6. FDavids

Is Gartner confused

I don't get it. FlexPod has like 3x the market share of VCE yet Gartner ranks them a bit higher. Do customers know something Garter doesn't? <sarcasm>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like