back to article Sneak peek: Microsoft's next browser (thanks, IE Developer Channel)

Taking a page from rival web-browser makers, Microsoft has launched a developer channel to give programmers an early taste of upcoming Internet Explorer features. The Internet Explorer Developer Channel comes in the form of a special edition of the IE browser that receives new features and updates before they become available …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. david 12 Silver badge

Extended Support Release

Now that they are copying the rapid version number increment, the other thing they should copy back from FF is the Extended Support Release -- so that I don't get stuck on websites that require this months version.

2. Pete Spicer

If it can run independently of IE11 does that mean they finally disentangled it from the OS again?

1. Dave Horn

It's running in a virtualised environment, according to Microsoft.

I quite like IE11 - it's remarkably nippy compared to Chome, which is now a dog on slower machines, and I've not hit anything that renders incorrectly. If only it had AdBlock.

1. hammarbtyp

If only it ran on something other than windows...

2. dogged

If only it had AdBlock.

You're welcome.

3. Tim Bates

"nippy compared to Chome, which is now a dog on slower machines"

What? I just installed it on an old EeePC 901 and it runs quite well. Are you using a 486 or something?

2. Refugee from Windows

Available as part of Office 365 subscription in Windows 9, stripped of Active-X we hope.

Pig 1 you are cleared to taxi.

3. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Coat

Suggestions

Let me get this in early: remove Windows and install PC-BSD!

4. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Good. Especially making sure to include the enhanced developer tools in the same stream.

This type of pre-release makes a lot sense and reduces the pain of having to rush to check a released version against your work at around the same time that world+dog is already using it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like