back to article Give us a slice or we BLURT all your users' topping preferences to the WORLD

Web mongrels have hacked Dominos France and Belgium and then demanded €30,000 to prevent the public disclosure today of passwords and pizza preferences of 648,000 consumers. The raid forced the pizza palace to issue an apology on Twitter and suggest users change their passwords passwords which were blended with a unsavoury mix …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. as2003

> There's little evidence Rex Mundi's victims have paid up.

well, there wouldn't be. For all we know, a lot of people have paid up.

1. Irongut

For all we know the only actual victims are the known ones who haven't paid up and any claims of successful extortion are just lies advertising.

2. Valeyard

"_anon"

So the self-styled saviours of the common man are blackmailing companies by threatening to provide said common-man's details to unsavoury parts of the internet?

I know they're supposedly a loose collective and all that, but surely there's been some sort of "nah this guy aint one of us"

Unless, of course, they're all dodgy and sometimes a crusading excuse sucks in the useful idiots to run your tools for you

1. big_D Silver badge
      Coat

Re: "_anon"

We are talking about Dominos here, the details are already on an unsavoury part of the net.

3. Scott Broukell
    Coat

Pizzas

I guess they just wanted a slice of the action!

<mines the one with the pastebin cook book in it>

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Pizzas

I guess the internet is peppered with this kind of thing, what with people using onion rings etc.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Dip your toe in if you dare, just don't be surprised if you lose your wedge(s). You'll be stuffed (crust).

2. tfewster
      Coat

Or a pizza the action?

(Sorry Dom, I know it's cheesy)

4. Crazy Operations Guy
    Pint

Threats only work if it actually would cause damage if they refused

How many people out there actually care if people knew what they prefer on their pizza? What would anyone do with that information anyway?

I wouldn't care one iota if everyone in the world knew that I like to order two medium pizzas (Extra cheese and bacon), an order of garlic bread, and an order of cinnamon desert sticks. In fact, I *want* the world to know this, or at least the guy making my order at the pizza place...

1. Stevie

Re: Threats only work if it actually would cause damage if they refused

"How many people out there actually care if people knew what they prefer on their pizza? What would anyone do with that information anyway?"

I think the only data snippet there that has any chance of causing a payment is the fact of a preference for Domino's pizza rather than insert hipster pizza source.

I used to get regularly mocked for choosing their fare rather than the "gourmet" pizzas that can be found without effort in my neck of the woods.

Of course, those are so full of olive oil and fat that the topping will slough off in a lump in one corner of the box if you corner in excess of three miles an hour while transporting the things home, and five minutes after eating a slice of one it falls out of your bottom.

Domino's changed their chemical formula sorry recipe to include parmesan cheese in the crust. I can't get near anything that reeks like it has already taken an abortive trip through someone's digestive tract so I gave 'em up. Now I eat Papa John's pizza - and get mocked for that (though I notice that when I'm bringing two pies to an event no-one says "I'll pass, thanks"). Gotta love pizza snobs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like