back to article Spaceplane design nipper Ariadne gets a promotion

We're delighted to announce today that Ariadne - the young nipper responsible for the design of our Vulture 2 spaceplane's fetching vinyl wrap, has been promoted to "Sub-orbital aesthetics consulting engineer" for the Special Projects Bureau. To make it official, she now has her very own badge, courtesy of Chris Pyper down at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ralph B

Design Envelope?

Surviving the cold, vacuum and radiation of (near) space is one thing. Surviving a dishwasher cycle (or two) at 70degC is quite another.

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Re: Design Envelope?

I had some mugs made using sublimation to promote a book - I found even normal washing slightly abraded the original print and opted for the every-so-slightly more expensive dishwasherproof option.

Nonetheless - I see a funding option for the project... I'd have a mug!

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Re: Design Envelope?

Yes, I gather you have to use a special dye sub mug for the most durable results. I think you qualify for a free LOHAN mug, if such a thing ever gets produced.

2. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
        Pint

What about a suitably-printed pint glass? I got one at our last company internal event, definitely a useful addition to the very large selection of mugs I already have.

Re: Re: Design Envelope?

That's a great idea.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Perhaps a spaceplane shaped bottle opener as well?

It's about time El Reg started selling some goodies again.

2. ukgnome

Sooooo........

Does this mean the Register will be opening a shop to sell this tat? How about a tat shop that gives to that there malaria charity?

Because I would have a cup, and a car sticker, a bonnet sticker wrap and also some motorcycle helmet stickers (notice I specified motorcycle)

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: Sooooo........

malaria charity

Wasn't she voted into the Afghan Parliament?

2. Tom 38
  3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Headmaster

Holdy Ony! "Dr."?

Where did that PhD come from? University of Life?

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Thumb Up

Re: Holdy Ony! "Dr."?

It's an honorary PhD...you know, like they give to politicians (pardon my French), who do a heck of a lot less to "earn" them.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Holdy Ony! "Dr."?

I find the Register's trivialisation of the title Dr. very disrespectful to Boffins.

4. Vinyl-Junkie
    Thumb Up

I would definitely...

....buy a commerative LOHAN mug!

Re: I would definitely...

We're looking into it...

2. Martin Budden Silver badge

Re: I would definitely...

Where can I get my hands on a pair of LOHAN jugs?

5. The March Hare

SPB Boffinry

We need an organisational chart showing the hierarchy at the SPB - including the boffin count!

It's been a long morning so far, not helped by reading The Dilbert Principle on my way to work & concluding I'm doomed...

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: SPB Boffinry

"An organisational chart looking like a picture of several multicoloured anacondas, mating"

6. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

I'm jealous

You guys are having FAR too much fun.

And, yes, bring back Cash-n-Carrion with all manner of PARIS, LOHAN, SPB, BOFH, and other acronymic delight.

This topic is closed for new posts.