back to article Tumultuous Twitter torches top talent, topples COO

Twitter has announced that its chief operating officer (COO) will be leaving the company and will not be replaced. The company issued a 407 character (2.9 Tweet) statement [PDF] to the US Securities and Exchange Commission to inform that Ali Rowghani had resigned from his position and would be moving to an advisory role. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ecofeco Silver badge

Loss? How that be?!

I mean a company that produces nothing, creates nothing, solves no real problem and has no real income model can't be losing money!

Can it?

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: Loss? How that be?!

Wait, wait! Almost forgot!

/sarcasm

2. Charles Manning

Expect a profit? How can that be?

Does nothing, creates nothing etc.

Yet: runs a 295,000 sq ft office in SF + o25 others sprinkled around the world , 3000 employees (of which 1500 are engineers) eat 1440 hard boiled eggs and drink 585 US gallons of coffee per week.

And "invesduhs" still expect them to be profitable?

3. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Loss? How that be?!

Don't be so harsh, they made a nice JavaScript library with all that venture capital.

2. king of foo

the end is nigh...

Is "social media" finally on the way out?

Good riddance.

I wonder what the next "big thing" will be... Neon shell suits make a comeback... with some kind of built in boom box that plays nothing but death metal at full blast... and some kind of "smell enhancing" tech to emit the scent of stale urine. The matching hat would have a strobe light on it and there would be a big LCD screen on it relaying their thoughts in real time to the world.

LOOKATMELOOKATMEELOOOOOOK!!!!!!!

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: the end is nigh...

The next big thing? I'll have to watch some old episodes of Max Headroom and see. That show pretty much nailed it.

Who knew?

2. Florida1920

Re: the end is nigh...

Is "social media" finally on the way out?

I don't think so. Twitter is popular, with the media for sure. They only have to figure out a way to monetize it. Besides, anything repressive governments try to shut down can't be all bad.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like