back to article Feedly DDoSed by ransom-threat crims: 'We refused to give in'

News aggregator Feedly has been knocked offline by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack after refusing to pay criminals to stop the attack. The RSS feed service said on its blog that the attackers had gone ahead with the DDoS after Feedly had refused their demands for money to make it stop. “We refused to give in and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christoph

"after refusing to pay criminals to stop the attack"

And that is called paying the Dane-geld;

But we've proved it again and again,

That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld

You never get rid of the Dane.

2. Kay Burley ate my hamster

grooveshark

Grooveshark.com were hit by a DDOS over the weekend too.

1. aidanstevens

Re: grooveshark

And, similarly, Deezer.

3. Crazy Operations Guy

Too bad Deep-packet inspection has been abused

I've always wanted ISPs to deploy Deep-packet inspection for the sole purpose of identifying malicious traffic and either blocking/throttling the connection if its from another ISP/NSP or redirecting the customer to a remediation site with free anti-virus, removal tools, help articles and local computer repair shops.

The problem is that ISPs can't be trusted to not turn around and use this same technology for advertising or throttling services like Netflix or Hulu.

4. keithpeter Silver badge
    Windows

Good for them

If all of these popular-but-not-major-infrastructure sites took the same line, the perps would realise that there is no money in it, and that they are exposing their attack system to the eyes of Those Who Watch Silently...

The tramp: I'm just the geezer in the subway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like