back to article Evernote taken out by DDoS attack

Popular mobile and online note app Evernote is recovering from a distributed denial of service attack that took its service offline for hours last night. The firm was hit by the DDoS attack from around 10.45 BST last night, leaving folks unable to access their notes in the cloud or sync their files from one device to another …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 's water music

users unable to sync their notes and web clippings

not many dead.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: users unable to sync their notes and web clippings

You may laugh, but I really want to see an analysis of originating operating systems. As far as I know, this is one of those legacies we have to thank MS for, and remains the scourge of any small business depending on the Internet - they don't have the resources to fight this and are thus easy pray for DDoS based blackmail.

2. ISYS
    Meh

Oh the irony

If they manage to crack my password they will find a whole notebook I made about Web security and preventing DDOS attacks!

3. frank ly

Feedly is now not loading

Some time in the past hour, Feedly has become so slow as to not load. I wonder if the DDOS attackers have moved on. For the past 24 hours, Yahoo has been dong a slow load because they insist on sending me to some kind of overloaded password change page. It's treacle out there.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Feedly is now not loading

Yeah, Feedly are being DDoS'd (http://blog.feedly.com/2014/06/11/denial-of-service-attack/).

We're also experiencing an ongoing DDoS- about 8 days now. Started at about 20Gbit/sec, but it's slowly scaled back to about 1Gbit/sec as providers SLOWLY get their finger out to respond to abuse reports.

Thankfully we have the scale, mass, resources and operational experience that this does not affect us much.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

First world problems

I so want to care.

1. Blitterbug

Re: I so want to care

...Me too. Stopped using the bloody thing when it adopted data-stealing T&Cs.

5. Hans 1

I used it on my phone, once, as a "guest" ... just to see ... since then they are spamming me to register an account with them ... hm, not that I want to ...

6. footloose

Credit where credit is due.

After reading so many stories about passwords etc. in plain text being stolen, we now see that where a company has done the right thing, it's being put down to "luck"!

"although luckily passwords had been stored in salted hashes rather than plaintext."

This topic is closed for new posts.