back to article Deleted

This article is deleted

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark 85
    Coat

All that's needed to seal our doom is...

a cat video to be #3.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who is

Kim Kardashian?

1. Ken Y-N

What is

Instagram?

1. jake Silver badge

Why does

Anybody care?

1. AceRimmer

Re: Why does

Everyone who posted in here that's who!

After all they cared enough to click the article link, then click comments, then make a comment thus giving El Reg and all who advertise in her lots of reasons to carry on publishing this crap.

If you truly don't care (and I'm sure that most of you who commented on here wanted a good view of ol' Kim's arse) then DON'T FUCKING CLICK on it

1. Elmer Phud

Ace Rimmer + Kardashian's arse = LOL

Anyway -- I've not seen a pic of the great wide American expanse on this piece, there's a pic of two arses together though.

2. jake Silver badge

@AceRimmer (was: Re: Why does)

That wasn't my question, Ace.

My question was, truly, why does anybody care? I want to know. Is this important in the great scheme of things? Does it matter? Are people really this shallow?

Advertisements? I never see 'em. Nor have I ever seen Kim's arse. Nor do I expect to in the near future. It's not exactly high on my priority list.

Nice that you admit that you wanted to have a good view of Kim's arse, though (clicked the article link, then clicked comments, then made a comment) ... My question remains: WHY? What good does it do you?

1. dan1980

Re: @AceRimmer (was: Why does)

@Jake

"I want to know. Is this important in the great scheme of things? Does it matter? Are people really this shallow?"

No, no, yes.

As for ". . . why does anybody care?". Well, in a nutshell, the twin lures of living vicariously through someone else and passing judgement on others are only really equalled be the need most humans share of feeling that they are being heard. Hence 35,800 people telling the world what they think of someone they've never met and who doesn't care a fig about them, and hence me taking the time to tell you what I think about that.

3. Friendly Neighbourhood Coder Dan

@ Acerimmer Re: Why does

We all read the article because you often find some sarcasm gems in the most trivial ones.

We read the comments because there is no danger of seeing 'mine is better than yours' arguments so everybody can feel free to be funny, and they are - generally - a pleasure to read.

1. AceRimmer
              Facepalm

Re: @ Acerimmer Why does

"no danger of seeing 'mine is better than yours' arguments"

Indeed, they actually descend into my not caring is bigger than your not caring!

2. Anonymous Coward
              Trollface

Re: @ Acerimmer Why does

@ Friendly Neighborhood Coder Dan

I think you're being too optimistic. In any Kim Kardashian-related thread, the term "big ass" is bound to be thrown around!

4. Christopher Rogers

Really? So a website that runs a few stories with a vague tech angle and a comments section gets a load of posts on a story about people who generally insult the concept of "intelligent design" causes you to lose your mind?

You are taking this Monday way too seriously.

Or maybe you are taking El Reg's lighter moments too seriously.

Or maybe you need a long cool drink of CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

3. Florida1920
    Pint

Hope lives on

Thanks to whatever FF add-on blocked both photos so I never saw them.

Sipping a pint while I compose "Ode to White Space."

1. Elmer Phud

Re: Hope lives on

No worries - no pics of said arse at all.

One of the Wests as couple (does that count - cheek to cheek and all that)

Adblock is fine with them ( I never, ever, get any pic with 'Zuckerberg' in the filename)

4. dan1980

Are you sure Jasper?

"He may have missed out one of his letter p's, unless he literally wants Kanye to record said bottom for his next record."

I thought the 'tapings' of Kim Kardashian were usually more of a visual affair . . .

Proved quite popular as I recall.

5. LarsG

Yet again more contrived rubbish.

More worrying is the number of people who even bothered to like the photographs. There has got to be better things to do.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

stick needles in our eyes, to evade this banal, drivel-some shite..

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck about two talentless arseholes whose next big announcement will be that they are getting a divorce....

I despair for the human race....

1. JDX Gold badge

Re: like

You seem to.

As for irony of thinking your views on the matter are "flying f worthy" when you're some random anonymous dweeb on the web...

2. Elmer Phud
      Facepalm

And yet . . .

. . . there are at least two who have taken the time and trouble and bandwidth to say how they are not interested in them etc.etc.

have a 'meh!'

1. dan1980

Re: And yet . . .

Okay, with a forum full of people apparently not caring, I just want to say that I do not mind looking at Kim Kardashian at all.

That's not why I read the story and commented - I was on the train and needed something to distract from the chap behind me blathering on about his job, speaking very loudly whenever he mentioned sums of money he felt were large enough to impress what he must have imagined was an interested audience.

But back to the story, looking at Kim Kardashian is in the same bag as listening to Iron Maiden - it's a simple, if slightly guilty, pleasure and makes me feel the barest sliver better while doing no one any harm at all.

My partner only rolls her eyes at one of the two. (Hint: it's not Kim.)

I just felt it was important that, amidst all the people professing a lack of interested in, or even knowledge of the subjects of this article, I be honest and admit that while I don't care what Kim Kardashian does, I can't pretend I don't enjoy how she looks.

So I'm a perve and a bit shallow; I'm only human and so if it doesn't hurt anyone else, I'll take my pleasures where I can.

1. Zolko Silver badge

Re: And yet . . .

"listening to Iron Maiden - it's a simple, if slightly guilty, pleasure"

why do you feel guilty listening to The Band ? Shouldn't you rather turn towards London and praise Lord that he has created them ? It's for comments like this, entirely expected in their unexpectedness, that I read articles and then comments about KK's arse.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"More worrying is the number of people who even bothered to like the photographs. There has got to be better things to do."

I assume that you think commenting on random article about something you don't like and have no interest in is something better to do then?

More worrying is that you think that moving your mouse 6 inches from the title bar to the like button on a photo is in any way some sort of bother!

6. JDX Gold badge

A positive thing

That the most popular picture is one of two people getting married rather than someone's arse or a selfie seems quite nice to me.

1. Elmer Phud

Re: A positive thing

The Empire strikes back

Looks like the Kanye 'NO! she shouldn't get the award' and the Kim 'my bum looks big in anything' are fighting the public draw towards the Carters.

This is all out fluff war -- it's what Twitter was really made for, the mono-syllabic tweets from both camps.

What next? will it involve kittens or orphans?

2. Arctic fox
      Happy

@JDX Re: "A positive thing." Actually JDX I have to say that I agree with you.

Whilst my interest in the Kardashian clan per se is zero, I find the response of those who were interested strangely human and, dare I say it, reassuring. I wish neither of those two people any harm and I hope that their marriage works out for them - although I would probably run a mile if I ever bumped into them in a bar somewhere!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the Internet

I do know the answer to this one. There is this thing called Instagram. It's a somewhat prudish site to which people upload pictures with rather pointless retro special effects, provided there aren't any pictures of boobies. It is a small corner of the WWW. Implications for future of civilisation, nil.

Population of Earth with some kind of internet access, well over a billion. Number who "liked" the picture, 2 million or a maximum of 0.2%, probably more like 0.1%.

So long as not more than one or two of them are at the Bilderberg conference plotting One World Government of the Oligarchs, I'm really not worried.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just don't get it

I just don't get why anyone would like such a big fat arse. I mean it is huge, out of proportion. Just looks ridiculous in my opinion.

1. dan1980

Re: Just don't get it

@AC

It's all about efficiency.

9. lotus49

Dante misquote

Dante said "Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate." which means abandon all hope, ye who enter here not "all you who enter here".

Yes I am a pedant but since this quote is sadly about all Dante is remembered for these days, let us at least get that bit right.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Put into perspective

There are over 200 million "active" Instagram users. So less than 1% liked that photo, and less than 2% of that 1% commented on it.

Hardly the end of civilization as we know it. Sure, there are more worthy photos on Instagram, but most people don't have enough followers that even with sharing would allow getting 2 million likes.

Though perhaps someone should take a photo of a particularly nauseating pile of garbage, ask all their friends to like and share it with the goal of getting more likes than fatass's wedding photo. There are surely a lot more people who dislike her than like her, so if enough of them get together they should be able to get a garbage pic to have 4 million likes.

11. MJI Silver badge

Cardassians

Why is everyone obsessed with them and not Klingons and Vulcans, or even Andorrans.

12. VeganVegan
    Facepalm

Horse's ass?

http://bonjupatten.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/the-horses-ass.jpg#HORSE%27S%20ASS%20480x640

This topic is closed for new posts.