back to article Sprint eyes T-Mobile, grabs $32 BEELLION from wallet, prepares to SLURP

The question - not if - but when Sprint would snap up T-Mobile in the US moved one step closer to reality today, after the wireless carrier was reportedly valued at nearly $40 a share. T-Mobile, according to the Wall Street Journal, has been valued at around $32bn. A merger could be agreed within weeks, people familiar with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John 104

Bandwidth Not The Issue

The issue isn't bandwidth for these guys. It's coverage. I would gladly switch from AT&T here in the states, but not to Verizon (bad experience). However, the only alternatives have been these two other players, both of whom have dismal rural coverage. Combining the two will make a bigger company with the same problem. Not sure how this is a benefit to the consumer...

2. David Kelly 2

Technical Compatibility?

Sprint appears to be moving to LTE. Perhaps acquisition of T-Mobile is seen as a quick and dirty way to suddenly have an LTE network.

3. OliverJ

What a bummer...!

Just when T-Mobile USA gets the media coverage it deserves and all the buzz that comes with it due to the extensive covering of their products in the Colbert Report (-> http://tinyurl.com/nnne7sc), they take the whole outfit and sell it to the highest bidder? What a bummer! Or... is the fix in, and Colbert was part of this plan?

4. CrosscutSaw
    Thumb Down

Ugh no...

I hope it doesn't happen. Sprint SUCKS, I've yet to meet someone who is happy with them, and TMo is on their way up.

I am surprised TMo CEO would go for this.

5. Frank N. Stein

I echo the "Sprint Sucks" sentiment. I've been with them four years now. Last Summer, the network experienced incredible nationwide outages that were not reported on anywhere in the media, due to the Softbank Deal pending, at the time. Now "Sofbank" (not "Sprint") is looking to swallow T-Mobile? I'm wondering what that will actually mean for Sprint customers, since I am one. We shall see!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like