back to article VMware poaches Citrix man to further end user computing ambitions

VMware's ongoing attempt to grow an end-user computing business went up a level yesterday, as the company announced the poaching of Citrix's veep for the Indian sub-continent Sanjay Deshmukh. Deshmukh will become Virtzilla's head of end user computing for the Asia Pacific and Japan, an important post given more than half of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David 138

VMware would have more customers if it wasn't so expensive.

2. Linker3000

To further end user computing ambitions

To further end-user computing ambitions

So which is it?

Grammar: How does it work?

PS: Split infinitive

PPS: No STUPID random caps in headline, so there's some hope.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Good show, I came to basically say the same thing. I originally read it as "to" "further end" "user computing ambitions" instead of "to further" "end user" "computing ambitions".

2. hard3r

Good point. Grammar is important. In their defense, VMware's division named itself "End User Computing" without a hyphen.

What I can't explain is "Worx" followed by "WorxsMail", which is then followed by "WorksWeb". I believe the author apologized for the correct spelling of the brand name and proceeded to butcher the subsequent brand names: WorxMail and WorxWeb. If it was an attempt at humorous sarcasm then I'm sorry to have missed it. If the author was actually using the correct spelling of the brands then shame on me for not looking it up - and shame on Citrix, too!

Now that I got that off my chest, I did find the article worth reading. It painted a good picture of the current state of the Citrix vs. VMware battleground. The winner is truly going to be the vendor that can win on price AND usability - not the one who builds the biggest feature creature.

It's also interesting to see that the C2V plan is alive and well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like