back to article EE unleashes birds of prey onto unsuspecting customers

EE have released an Eagle, a Buzzard, a Kite and an Osprey. Sadly a Vulture is missing from the avian ensemble, but we can let that pass. These are devices rather than birds – the Eagle is a tablet and the other items are portable Wi-Fi hotspots. The 8-inch Eagle tablet runs Android on a 1.6GHz Balong V9R1 quad-core processor …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Hawkes
    Headmaster

Maybe it's a regional thing, but I've always thought buzzard = vulture = condor = birds-of-prey with featherless heads.

1. wobbly1
      Windows

Birds of a feather

No, the buzzards that fly over Chiddingly in East Sussex, have same coloured heads as their body plumage. from memory, vultures are carrion birds of Africa and Asia and condor is a large raptor of South America.

2. M Gale

Buteo Buteo (yes that's really its scientific name) definitely has feathers on its head. There's a few of them that seem to use the fields and woods around here as a buffet bar.

Wood pigeon, mouse or rabbit today? Om nom nom.

2. getHandle

I'd just like decent 3G coverage...

If my EE-sim phone didn't say E or G so often, I'd be a lot more supportive!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Im struggling to find a reason

To buy an Eagle instead of a Nexus 7. Not that the Eagle looks bad; just the Nexus 7 looks better overall value.

4. Steve Evans

"The resolution won’t worry Apple, at 800 x 1200 at 188 pixels per inch, compared to the iPad Air's 2048 x 1536 at 264ppi."

Why are you comparing it to a full sized iPad? Surely the 2013 Nexus 7 would be far better given similar size, OS, price etc... To save you googling... Screen 7.02" 1920 x 1200 HD display (323 ppi)

5. Zmodem

they can unleash dsl throttling when your over your fair use limit, the dialup and isdn throttling is rubbish along with flash blocking, it takes 20 mins for a everyday png to download

6. M Gale

HOW much?

For HOW many gigabytes/month?

No thanks. Partying like it's 2004 over at EE HQ are they?

1. Zmodem

Re: HOW much?

and no option to buy extra with booster packs, which kind of sucks if your on a train watching a HD movie

its probably the standard 1.5gb on the basic contract like pay as you go

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like