back to article Drug-dealing game Weed Firm tops Apple's App Store charts

Apple has lifted its usual censorship firewall to allow a game simulation of a drug-pushing business called Weed Firm to shoot to number one in its App Store charts. The sim-smoker app allows cosseted fanbois to imagine life as a herbal wholesaler. Players are invited to build contacts in the underworld, beef up their …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TitterYeNot
    Coat

Hippity Hoppity

"Perhaps the man who refers to himself as the mutha-fucking D.R.E is really worried about the mutha-fucking PAYE [er, you mean corporation tax, right? - Ed)."

Yo there Ed, you be messin' with his timin',

No mutha-fuckin' way you could eva call dat rhymin'.

Ahem, OK, no rap career for me, I'll go quietly...

2. JDX Gold badge

So it's just Diner Dash with weed? Anyone played it able to confirm/deny?

3. Elmer Phud

mostly harmless?

"something we're sure pretty much never happens in the broadly male, rather wimpy world of the weed smoker."

Hmm, 'Assassin' may or may not be directly derived from derogatory terms for hashish- consumiing bandits but I wouldn't want to argue.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"A stripper even offers the player a quick virtual lapdance in exchange for some cannabis, something we're sure pretty much never happens in the broadly male, rather wimpy world of the weed smoker."

You don't know much then he said from experience.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Though I must say, I have heard some people say how they can't get it up when stoned. So you may have a point for some of the male population. The rest of us seem to become "magnetised", if I may say so quite humbly.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gateway Drugs

"Customers are extremely repetitive and would be great if it had more. Instead of only growing/selling weed you could include more drugs such as cocaine and heroine"

Cannabis always leads to harder drugs, don't people ever learn?

6. Lamont Cranston
    WTF?

Sounds fantastic:

an endless "fetch quest", with a little Farmville mixed in.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. RedneckMother

meh

Sounds like a lame version of a 70's board game, "Dealer McDope".

9. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Coat

Sir

"Players who've offered reviews seem rather disappointed with the game, complaining that it's "boring""

So it's more of a simulator than a game then?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like