back to article Qld government in social media policy linkrot FAIL

Watch what you post – that's the message of a cringe-makingly awful video created by the Queensland Government's Department of Natural Resources and Mines. Seeking to remind banana-bending public servants – those that remain after savage cuts – that they need to be mindful of anything they do on social media, the video (below …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Roper

And this is the same government

that wants unrestricted access to my mobile phone's camera, microphone and data, even though they say they'll never actually use it.

No fucking way is any software written by these incompetent government twonks getting anywhere near any computerised device under my control.

1. Cpt Blue Bear

Re: And this is the same government

Don't worry - these guys won't be writing any code, they are just the PR or HR bods.

Writing the software will be contracted out to a company part owned by a nephew of the minister who will outsource it to three guys in India they found on one of those coder-for-hire sites.

2. Diogenes

Re: And this is the same government

nope .

Unless something changed in the budget on Tuesday night Centrelink (aka Satanlink) is run by the Federal Government. This is the Queensland Government's problem.

2. frank ly

A spokesman said ....

"I don't understand your problem; it works fine on MY computer."

3. Paul 129
    Gimp

My Eyes my Eyes!

Let this be a reminder to the kiddies out there, not all links are to be clicked on. When words like cringeworthy, goatse or phrases like 'youll never believe' and ' 5 things that ....'

DONT NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

P.S. Anyone know of a good therapist that can remove tautological rhetoric. I'm just glad I'm not a QLD employee, otherwise I couldn't post here....

1. Player_16

Re: My Eyes my Eyes!

STOP! THINK!

(Ugh!)

1. D 13
        Unhappy

Re: My Eyes my Eyes!

If I pour bleach into my ears can I wash it out of my brain?

4. Sanctimonious Prick
    Happy

DONT NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

Yeah, umm... you contradicted yourself there... oops! :D

5. dan1980

What was up with Social Media Man's arms? It was like he was doing "I'm a little teapot" whilst drunk.

That clip proves something I often tell people - unless there's a good reason, just stick to putting your message out clearly and without embellishment.

If you want to spice it up by making it humorous, clever or interesting, make sure you actually are funny, clever and/or interesting. If you are in fact dry and dull then it'll show. It shows.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like