back to article TalkTalk broadband growth WANES as it reports surge in pay-TV customers

TalkTalk watched its broadband growth slip in the budget telco's final quarter, with 136,000 Brits signing up to the service compared with 193,000 new customers in the same three-month period in 2013. The company said in its Q4 results, ended 31 March, that its total broadband base now stood just shy of 4.2 million punters. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pay TV Customers??

People are stupid enough to pay for a couple of over-priced Sky channels?

1. 's water music

Re: Pay TV Customers??

People are stupid enough to pay for a couple of over-priced Sky channels?

ftfy

I know I am

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TalkTalk broadband seems to die utterly between 6pm and 11pm every bloody night.

Damn them.

3. Derichleau

I'll never do business with this company again. I switched to Plusnet three year ago and never looked back.

4. Piro Silver badge

People voluntarily give money to TalkTalk?

You learn something every day...

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

Perfectly good headline opportunity wasted.

"Dido: 'No white flag above our door' "

But frankly my WTF thought is Stalk Stalk is growing ???

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

> "TalkTalk said it had picked up an impressive one million pay-TV customers in the past 18 months."

They're not really pay-TV customers though, are they? They're mostly existing TalkTalk customers who have been bribed with a free PVR. Very few subscribers pay for any content and may well just churn after their 2-year lock-in and keep their nice/Hauwei free PVR thank you very much.

7. strum

Er

>TalkTalk said it had picked up an impressive one million pay-TV customers in the past 18 months.

I think you'll find that a considerable proportion of those were lumbered with Youview boxes, as part of a cheap broadband deal. And that many of them (like me) never switch them on.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like