back to article BlackBerry opens devices to third-party management – including its new, sub-$200 Z3

Ailing BlackBerry has launched its first new mobe since John Chen took over as CEO in November, and to help drum up interest in its flagging handset business, it says it will for the first time let customers use other companies' software to manage BlackBerry devices. Chen has repeatedly insisted that he won't dump BlackBerry's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blackberry are like the band on the Titanic. Pretending everything is OK, but it's just a matter of time...

1. PhoenixRevealed

What makes you smugly state Blackberry is pretending everything is fine? The new CEO has said publicly that survival is only 50-50. They are working hard, cutting fat to the bone, and still dominate the mobile management market. Blackberry doesn't have to beat Apple or Samsung to survive, it only needs to spend less than it brings in.

1. asdf

>it only needs to spend less than it brings in.

What is that saying if you are not growing in business you are dying. There may well be a BlackBerry brand ten years from now but it will be just a name some company bought the rights too.

2. Hans 1

1st post

Yes and the band on the Titanic knew they would not get away and decided to play to the very last minute and I think it is just wrong to depict them the way you did.

BlackBerry touch devices beat anything at typing in multiple languages... in a league of its own.

Security and confidentiality seem to be secondary to most people.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 1st post

Did you know Windows Phone now has the record for the fastest text inpuit / keyboard? (Previously it was Swype on Android).

3. pikey

For enterprise

The blackberry device is the best on the market, in terms of email, corporate access and security functions, and are light years ahead of the market.

The other MDM type solutions, (airwatch,intune,mobileiron) are in fact trying to place the same functions on to handset's that RIM did years ago.

4. beaker2000

Love my Z30

I had a Z10 for 6 months on trial, and now have a Z30. We just deployed new phones to our business and we were over 50% Blackberry and people love them. They may not be suitable for consumer level use, but for corporate use they beat everything else, hands down. As I can also get my Android apps on it and run them it does everything I could want. I was an Android fan before, but would not go back now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like