back to article Where are your rich friends? Facebook's Zuck sued for not being social enough

Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg is being sued by a property developer who accuses him of backing out of an alleged deal to introduce him to all of the social network billionaire's rich friends. Mircea Voskerician says that the chief Facebooker bought a plot of land from him after learning that he planned to build a large …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

According to his lawyer, the sweetener wasn’t in a written contract,

and he told me he'd give me a billion dollars. All my mates heard it as well.

1. Bob Wheeler

Re: According to his lawyer, the sweetener wasn’t in a written contract,

According to Judge Judy, if it ain't written in the contract, then it ain't in the contract.

trying to prove a verbal agreement is hard, very hard as it will just boil down to a "he said/she said".

1. Don Jefe
        Thumb Up

Judge Judy should be the Judge for all bullshit cases in the US. Private and commercial, all of the bullshit. The show could have its own subscription channel, which would be immensely profitable I'm sure, plus she could whip out all those 'shut the fuck ups' you can see camped out on her brow, but prohibited on cable.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

2. big_D Silver badge

And Zuck could claim that none of his billionaire friends are currently interested in buying lots around their homes...

The deal seems to centre around introductions to people looking to buy land around their homes. If none of his friends want to do that, he doesn't have to introduce them.

2. Irongut

secure his privacy

So Zuck wants privacy but all his little Facebook bitches can't have any.

What a surprise.

1. Don Jefe

Re: secure his privacy

You're entitled to the same level of privacy. It's really past all reason for anyone to claim they don't know Facebook is pillaging your privacy if you go there.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I heard it too! Have an upvote.

The problem is that these types are so used to BSing everyone (It's how business gets done in CA), they don't know when they're doing it. Lets see you've got a guy in Buffalo saying he (Zuckerberg) made promises, you have the Winkelvoss twins saying the same thing and now this.

Who's bullshitting whom? A pattern is unfolding.......

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Happy

Re: I heard it too! Have an upvote.

1% problems :-)

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      FAIL

Re: I heard it too! Have an upvote.

It's not like the accusations about Zuckerberg weren't already commonly known. So if you did a verbal-only deal with him after all that, then I have absolutely zero sympathy. Particularly given the dodgy way Facebook is run.

Plus the usual reason for a verbal agreement is trust, or inability/disinclination to pay lawyers. But in this case there were already lawyers in the meeting to set out the property deal. So it's clearly total and utter bullshit.

This sounds to me like a shakedown. Find rich celeb. Threaten building overlooking their house, hope they pay you to bugger off. If not, you can still make something on a building project in that kind of area. Even better if you can persuade them to tell you where all their friends live, you can buy up property near them too and threaten the same thing I mean offer them the same generous deal...

4. frank ly

It gets worse

Having bought the three adjacent plots at the back and sides of your house, you then have about five separate adjacent plots that are a potential threat to your privacy and peaceful enjoyment.

5. Don Jefe

Are You Sure You Want to Unlike This Friend?

What my wife calls 'fancy people' are notoriously herd minded. You'd think there would be a lot more independent thinkers among them, but there really aren't many. A huge percentage are hanger-oners and people who scored big on luck or by calling in favors with someone who lucked out.

My point, is that it's entirely possible, likely even, that a single introduction that didn't go well ended this guys chances of any more introductions. Maybe the story just doesn't read well, but a guy who sues you for not making him popular doesn't really sound like the sort I would want at my parties.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Devil

Re: Are You Sure You Want to Unlike This Friend?

You bastard! You introduced me to your friend Amy, and she absolutely refused to sleep with me! I'm suing your ass for every penny you've got!

6. Terry 6 Silver badge

Verbal contract

"A verbal contract ain't worth the paper it's written on". Louis B Meyer.

@Don Jefe

It reads like business introduction, not social. FWIW

7. Arachnoid

All his rich freinds have facebook accounts

Send link to join up - case resolved

8. ecofeco Silver badge

Refer him business

...and he fell for THAT?! Oh my.

If I had a check for every time I've heard that load of bollocks!

9. B-D

"But Joey... we shook hands!

"Show me a piece of paper that says we shook hands.

Cast a Deadly Spell (1991), Valhalla Entertainment.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like