back to article OK Virtual Instruments, you've made a thing. Must you fill our ears with PR gobbledegook?

Virtual Instruments has launched an "entity-centric solution" amid an unparalleled display of marketing verbiage. The product is called VirtualWisdom, version 4.0. It's basically a network fabric sniffer with analysis smarts to help get networks working better. Originally it did Fibre Channel and then FCoE, but is branching …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. a well wisher

Great -Thats really improved my Bullshit Bingo score for today !

2. Paul Webb

Probe 'n' Tap

Sounds like a rather painful salesdroid 'experience'.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sooo... another monitoring product

"Underpinned by an analytics-focused database,” continues the VW release, “the new platform ingests millions of metrics per second and presents data significantly faster than before, making this the most powerful performance platform available on the market."

So it's using snmp and api's then... ok

I guess they feel the need to Hyperbole same old same old :)

4. ecofeco Silver badge

Yes, but...

... does it leverage the existing content to create new paradigm synergies by re-purposing data intelligence and reaching out to existing legacy?

5. aqsingleton

Facebook, Pixar, Apple

As one of the just 260+ start-up employees of Virtual Instruments I can say there is an infectious tone that makes us want everyone to know what we're up to, and yes it can be quite annoying if you haven't been:

- A worldwide insurance company who swears by our product and had saved tens millions of dollars after one month of deployment and continues to save on their IT Budget because of the data collected.

- An Internationally known telecom who couldn't find an infrastructure issue related to activation of mobiles that was ongoing for an excess of nine months. (We essentially saved the Technology Directors career) We found the issue in less than 72 hours.

- An international payments organization that have maxed out on our product because they use our product to verify their "dollars per second" SLA and have said literally they do not want to work WITHOUT our product.

Our intention is to wake up the "IT Crowd" Save on IT Budgets, and create "A world where applications and infrastructure perform better together."

So yes it can be a bit much but there is something happening that the three companies in the title can relate to. My advice...click through

6. Vociferous

So this is how regular people feel when they read something technical or scientific.

It's like my mind is made of non-stick, or the text is written muzak. Maybe both.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

High on the BS meter

Spot on Chris, the marketing incompetence and arrogance of this network sniffer company is over the top.

This topic is closed for new posts.