back to article Evidence-based Tweets will SAVE the WORLD - and your waistline

As every entrepreneur reaches mid-life, it’s natural that one’s thoughts begin to turn to one’s one’s “legacy”. Here, the Bongster has an impressive list of achievements to inspire future generations. I have made losing huge amounts of money not just respectable, but mandatory. I have redefined work as leisure. I have brought …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jesus I'm old.

This made me feel like it was written in Chinese.

2. Anonymous Coward 101

"I sat down for a Snapchat with one of the founders, Marcus Toynboyalé, so he could explain where sustainability meets the social brain."

I was about to scoff at that particular load of rubbish, then I realised the whole article was parody. Well done.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

It was?

Was that the whooshing noise I just heard?

3. Swarthy
    WTF?

I ususally 'get' iBong!

But this one.. I cannot parse the satire from reality.

This is either the best Bong!-hit yet, or the very worst of the crap that Bong's been satirising. I honestly cannot tell.

1. hamcheeseandonion
      Devil

Re: I ususally 'get' iBong!

Likewise on the parsing, or lack of.

This article was bad enough, but I made the terrible mistake of visiting that damned site.....

Now i love the English language, truly i do, but having now seen what it can be twisted and mangled to produce?

Frankly, i would rather speak French...yes it's that bad....what few active brain cells i have left are very, very scared.

(Mummy)

1. Dr Stephen Jones

Re: I ususally 'get' iBong!

It's like the real thing, only more so. Google for "sustainability and psychology" or "climate communication" - and if you're feeling really brave, chuck in a "praxis" too.

It's your taxes being well spent.

4. Semtex451

One Word

Fabulous

1. oolor
      Holmes

Re: One Word

I concur.

I have but one quibble: I always thought ¡Bong! was a Bolivian beak booster.

I cannot fathom how others missed the slickness of this one, unless they are all joining the act.

5. Grikath
    Facepalm

interesting

I see El Reg firmly and specifically listed by them as "Place to Avoid At All Costs" when it comes to Climate. Note: the entire website... One obviously can't be too careful when avoiding contrary opinions on matters at hand.

For the rest of the website.. I wonder if those peeps keep soiling themselves laughing every time they write an entry ( not unlike someone I know who is an honest-to-god copy writer for certain Adult catalogues here on the continent. He claims it's great stress therapy...) , or... Well, I have trouble imagining these ....Entrepeneurs... actually being serious about what they unload on their website.

6. TheOtherHobbes

Obvious parody site by denialist nutters is obvious.

Teh Google has details if anyone wants them.

1. Dr Stephen Jones

"Obvious parody site by denialist nutters is obvious."

Al Gore taught you science.

Yoda taught you English.

2. Vociferous

You managed to get a post through even though it has the d word in it? How?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Not bad

The LGF site is so subtle in its satire of activism (particularly climate change) that many of the commenters don't realize this. Thus the entire site is actually a trolling operation. I love it!

8. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Geek Pie

I don't like Nathan Barley's new haircut

9. Alan J. Wylie

Now I'm *really* confused

http://livefromgolgafrincham.org/2014/03/18/will-they-ever-get-it/

> Conversely, a list of sources people ought to avoid to keep confusion

> to a minimum should include:

> The Register website

10. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

No way this is a real interview

Approvingly citing Che and using "neoliberals" all wrong? It can't happen.

11. Vociferous

Lorem ipsum dolor.

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur.

12. Stevie

Bah!

This article is a month overdue, surely?

13. Vociferous

It's climate change denial?

I didn't get that. I thought it was a joke site with automatically generated articles, like the texts generated by SciGen. Oh well, at least now I understand why my posts automatically get "awaiting moderation".

This topic is closed for new posts.