back to article Classified LOHAN payload is four-eyed beast

As regular readers know, the Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team likes a nice bit of imaging kit, and we can now reveal that the classified payload which flew atop our recent "Judy" test flight was in fact a prototype four-eyed beast capable of capturing hi-def panoramic video. The chaps from CENTR Camera got in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Today is not a day to mention bacon.

Tomorrow you may mention bacon.

Thank you.

1. Gordon 10
      Flame

Re: Today is not a day to mention bacon.

MMM crispy ---->

You mean I shouldnt mention the bacon buttie I had from the staff canteen at 9.30am this morning dripping with butter and brown sauce?

Ok - I wont.

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Re: Today is not a day to mention bacon.

Thank you.

That's very kind of you.

2. EddieD

GoPro3

I agree - mines monumentally temperamental.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: GoPro3

Bunch of arse, tbh. Grounded for the LOHAN flight, and we have new kit incoming. Watch this space...

2. daveake

Re: GoPro3

We were going to use mine for the LOHAN test flights last summer. It failed horribly before we launched - wouldn't even start up, even with known fully charged battery. It was weeks later when I got it to work again, following a guide on the internet about 20 times till eventually it booted for long enough to load updated firmware. Since then it's been fine, but I can't ever trust it again.

3. Mintyboy
    Coat

So if it has 4 eyes and is on LOHAN... does it mean it is the beast with the 2 backs too???

Excellent pictures :)

4. Anakin
    Happy

I love the sight of the pink bondage tape

What are the crew doin after the sun has set?

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: I love the sight of the pink bondage tape

That's Anthony Stirk's pink gaffer tape. It's a regular feature on flights. Quite what he does with it in the privacy of his own home I know not.

5. Joe Harrison

Little fluffy clouds

How appropriate that your lovely cloud panoramas are juxtapositioned with an ad for ... cloud.

6. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

spiffy camera

with the image stitching done onboard and on the fly, that's pretty slick. If I could think of sufficient justification, I might have to stump for one of those. Perhaps internal mapping of my secret bunker complex for the brochure...

7. Sir Runcible Spoon

Panoramic views

Nice stills, but can it compensate for spinning?

8. Eddy Ito
    Thumb Up

When are you going to mount one of those cameras on a propeller beanie and show Google what wearable computing can be?

This topic is closed for new posts.