back to article Microsoft rebuts Blu-ray Xbox 360 rumours - again

It's a good job gamers aren’t holding their collective breath in hope for an Xbox 360 with a built-in Blu-ray Disc drive. Microsoft has once again stepped in to quash the latest rumours that it’s developing one. On Friday morning, it was alleged that Microsoft is working with Taiwan's Pegatron Technology, a subsidiary of PC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Clueless

Both Microsoft and Xbox owners.

Microsoft, because it seems like they don't really have a gameplan for Xbox, and seem to bumble along from one problem to the next (how long has it taken to fix the unreliable 360 problem, 2 years, and still no better)

Xbox owners, because they seem to lap up whatever mess Microsoft throws at them, the post on forums about how cheaper the Xbox is, whilst all along spending more money than if they had just stumped up and bought a PS3 in the first place.

Idiots..

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

@James Margetts

1. Blu-ray titles are rarely £20. Take a look at the top 10 on play.com, the only title that is more than £20 is the double disc Golden Compass, many titles are £13.99/£15.99/£17.99

2. You get what you pay for. DVD's even upscaled look crap on a decent big screen TV, upscaling is not even close to the quality of proper HD. If your TV does not show this, then take it back to the supermarket where you got it from.

3. You get what you pay for. PS3 costs more (slightly, about £20 more than a 360), but it's reliable, has all the good exclusives this year, and is chock full of the tech that Microsoft will be providing NEXT generation.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Forget Xbox360

If you own an HD TV then you probably want HD content. A PS3 is the cheapest Blu-Ray player and comes with a free games console(!!) so it's a no brainer.

I do not own a PS3. I've owned an xbox360 since launch. It's has been repaired 3 times with the "red ring of death" issue. After the 1 warranty expired I got tired of sending it back to M$FT and wasn't prepared to pay the $120 fee so I opened it up and fixed it myself. My temporary fix lasted 18 months. Since then M$FT extended the warranty to 3 years and the red ring of death has returned. Predictably M$FT are refusing to repair my Xbox360, even though it is within the new warranty period because it was opened.

So if you want a superb games console and also want to surf the web on your TV, go buy a Wii. It's awesome. If you want to take advantage of your HDTV go buy a PS3. It's cool too. But just like their operating systems, if you want to wonder if your games console will work each time you switch it on, then go waste your money on an Xbox 360.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like