back to article Icahn, but Iwont: Carl the investor pest ends war with eBay

Carl Icahn has finally made peace with eBay after withdrawing his call for the auction site to divorce from its partner Paypal. The meddlesome investor has spent the last few months rudely demanding the spin off of eBay's payment service and asking for two of his aides to be put on the firm's board. After a barrage of open …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gordon 10
    FAIL

So basically

He gets what he was after all along - a proxy on the board.

For shame Ebay.

Far be it for me to say he will then use this seat on the board to cause more unrest, or get more visibility into Ebay's financial performance so he can exit at the most profitable time for himself and his cronies.

1. Mark 85

Re: So basically

I don't think that's what he really wants. It's about money and breaking up large companies to sell of the pieces. Go look at what he did to TWA. He hasn't changed a bit.

2. frank ly

What percentage of eBay shares did Icahn buy?

It must have been significant to demand that two of his aides be given seats on the board?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What percentage of eBay shares did Icahn buy?

Bugger all, but as with pretty much everything in life, he who complains loudest, gets their way.

2. Toothpick

Re: What percentage of eBay shares did Icahn buy?

2.15% at the moment

3. MrT

Saw "Dave Dorman"...

... momentarily misread it as "Dave Gorman"

Modern Life is Goodish...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

So...

it's Icahn in the business of investment or job employment?

1. Graham Dawson Silver badge

Re: So...

Neither nor. He's in the business of destroying things for personal gain.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Icahn vs Parasite

Parasite:

"An organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other’s expense"

Carl Icahn:

See above

6. Mystic Megabyte
    FAIL

Sad git

We should feel sorry for people who every waking moment think only of money.

Get a life!

7. bigtimehustler

Well, glad eBay ignored him. I imagine he will be largely ignored through his proxy on the board too. It is only one voice out of a lot. He can always be voted against at every corner.

8. Cubical Drone

"Carl Icahn is perhaps the most activist investor the world has ever seen."

I believe in the comment section of a previous article about Mr. Icahn it was agreed that when referring to Mr. Icahn, the term "activist investor" was to be replaced by the word "douche".

"Douche" is not only a more accurate description, but will also save various data storage and bandwidth resources due to its brevity.

9. Robert Moore

The only correct response

to Carl Icahn is to publicly state, "Bugger off you freaking worthless parasite."

Then do the exact opposite of what he wants.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like