back to article Wanna attend Apple's June developers' shindig? Ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky?'

Apple has announced that its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will be held from June 2 through 6 this year in San Francisco – but if you want to attend, you'll need, as Alfred P. Doolittle sang in My Fair Lady, "a little bit of bloomin' luck." Apple's announcement for its 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference ' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Globe199

$1600 to prove you're an incurable sycophant.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Mindless prejudice is a silly, silly thing

Apple pays out about $25,000,000 every day to its iOS developers.

Sycophant on that, sucker.

Some people, some people...

1. Tromos

Re: Mindless prejudice is a silly, silly thing

If that's right it means Apple make more than $10,000,000 every day from the efforts of those iOS developers. And still want to gouge them for 1600 bucks.

2. SumDood

>Mindless prejudice is a silly, silly thing

So is innumeracy.

>Apple pays out about $25,000,000 every day to its iOS developers.

... and boasts over 1,000,000 "apps" are available in its "app" store.

Which means an average developer income of under $125 a week, or round about $6,000 a year.

>Sycophant on that, sucker.

Who's the sycophant?

Who's the sucker?

>Some people, some people...

Some fanbois, too, gullibly licking the arse that bleeds them.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

The same is true for PC developers. If you added up all developer income and divided it out by all of them, the average would be small. Because most of them are hobbyists who make little or nothing and aren't trying to. Lots of things subscribe to the 90/10 law or something like it, where a small percentage of the whole make the large percentage of the overall pie.

If they're trying to make a living as a developer and only pulling down $125/week, they better live in the third world where that's a living wage, or find a new line of work.

2. Alan Denman

Suckers everywhere...

They even do all the advertising work for free.

Madness. If you don't work them hard you certainly wont get anything sweet..

3. AndyDent

Sellout much faster

No, it was 2012 when they sold in under two hours.

In 2013 they sold in under two MINUTES

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/04/apples-wwdc-2013-tickets-sold-out-in-a-record-two-minutes/

4. Hans 1
    Windows

Why would anybody want to pay to go this event, organized by company with absolutely no f'ing clue when it comes to OS'.

Ever tried to re-install Mavericks from the recovery partition ? No, well, not only does it ask you for an Apple Id (which MUST have previously been used to "buy" Mavericks - remember, it is free upgrade) and downloads the whole crap again. 4 hours later, of course, still has not finished installing on an SSD ... compare that to the 30 minutes it took to install Mountain Lion on an SSD.

These guyz need to be shot, along with the Redmond numpties.

Oh, and the tramp icon can now be used for Apple as well.

1. Ted Treen
      FAIL

Learn how to use it...

Ever thought about saving your downloaded install file and using an 8GB pen-drive to build an installer? No, thought not.

The interweb is full of instructions - very easy to follow - and you don't have to enter any ID to install it. I did this for several (well, 5) Macs at work without a glitch...

Never mind, enjoy your ranty whinge - even if you're wrong.

5. Velv
    Paris Hilton

"Who'd pay to got to an Apple Developer Conference?"

People pay $$$$$$$ every day to go to conferences. Not just IT, Sometimes they pay individually, sometimes their company pays, sometimes a vendor pays.

Just because you don't like the subject doesn't mean somebody else shouldn't have a party. Or more likely just because you're not on the gravy train doesn't mean someone else shouldn't enjoy the steak!

(And while Apple might not be highest on my preference list of conferences, if anyone wants to invite me for free I'll happily attend)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like