back to article LaCie adds fire to Fuel: Revs Wi-Fi external storage gadget to 2TB

Seagate sub LaCie has revved its Fuel Wi-Fi external storage capacity from 1 to 2TB and claims it's the highest capacity wireless 2.5-inch drive on the market. It can provide a Wi-Fi accessed storage resource for iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch, Macs, Android mobile devices (v2.3 or later), the Kindle Fire, and Windows 8, 7, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Semtex451
    WTF?

Brave or Foolish?

El Reg?

Advertising this Tat?

To Reg Readers?

Whom all have "proper" NAS & Streaming set up years hence.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Brave or Foolish?

Old argument: you're assuming everyone has the skills/desire/time to run their own platform. In addition, what would you rather give to someone who asks you for some help with their own setup: a simple box that just works, or you being on call for something you cooked up yourself?

Caveat: don't know how safe it is, though.

1. Anonymous Custard

Or alternatively just pair a Ravpower Filehub with a suitable portable drive (personally I use a WD My Passport 2TB), get all this devices features (except drop-box) plus an SD card slot and a built-in battery that can be used also to charge things in an emergency (plus power the drive otherwise), and save yourself about £50 on the overall deal. And DLNA-supporting firmware is apparently coming sometime this month (as is a new version of the Filehub with it onboard), to give alternative to the current Samba.

OK it's two items rather than one, but both fit nicely into an Amazon Basics My Passport case. Makes a nice little travelling entertainment solution.

2. Compact101

SO Reg readers don't want to see new tech?

1. AceRimmer

"SO Reg readers don't want to see new tech?"

Correct

One just has to witness the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here from the bearded sandal wearers any time anything new is introduced

1. Tom 7

Bearded sandals - do you mean slippers?

3. Tom 7

I set up NAS and streaming decades ago - I can do it now if I felt like it.

Couldnt put it in my pocket though!

2. Mage Silver badge

Wot?

No XP or Linux support?

1. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Wot?

Why bother?

3. 1Rafayal

I have been looking at wireless hard drives and USB drives lately. However, I cannot find a compelling reason to buy one.

I have a Maxell AirStash, which was a lot cheaper and lets you switch out SD cards etc.

However, I am now looking at this and thinking, 2TB seems like a good deal for that money, its just a shame that the battery life seems to be so short..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like