back to article Middle England trembles before roaring LOHAN

There are only a few days left before our planned "Punch" and "Judy" flights on Saturday 5 April, so a slightly sooty Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team is pleased to report that we've wrapped the final ground-based rocket motor tests in the Rocketry Experimental High Altitude Barosimulator (REHAB) hypobaric …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Yes, it is rocket science

Would love to have seen a video, though

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Yes, it is rocket science

I do have some video footage, but it'll have to wait until I have a moment to put it together.

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
        Thumb Up

Great, looking forward to that. I'll get my kids to see it too.

2. CADmonkey
      Headmaster

No, it's not. Rocketry is Engineering. :p

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge

And in other news...

An earthquake off the coast of Chile.

Is there a connection? Enquiring minds want to know!

Best of luck at the weekend, lads.

3. TRT Silver badge

Typical...

burnout.

1. The First Dave

Re: Typical...

Why so much soot?

4. james 68

Curious

Just wondering what kind of nozzle your going to use on the rocket motor, bell or aerospike?

I would think an aerospike would be much better at providing good high speed launch at altitude as its self regulating providing better thrust than your typical bell-end.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Regarding the igniters, we now have the luxury of three proven blends to choose from. All of these will go aloft on Saturday, and we'll make our final choice based on that flight."

All of which are illegal to manufacture and use in the UK and if you _try_ to use the exemption for experimental use, they have to be manufactured and used at the same place.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Anonymous killjoy

Is there a "spoilsport" icon?

2. Intractable Potsherd

@ "illegal" AC

Do you have any evidence for that, or are you just spouting ill-informed nonsense?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: @ "illegal" AC

The Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 (MSER) and Approved Code of Practice (ACOP)

Regulation 9(2)(a) permits “the manufacture of explosives for the purpose of laboratory analysis, testing, demonstration or experimentation (but not for practical use or sale) where the total quantity of explosives being manufactured at any time does not exceed 100 grams, but nothing in this sub-paragraph shall be taken as authorising any acquisition or keeping of explosives for which an explosives certificate is required by virtue of regulation 7 of those Regulations, without such a certificate”

Down voting doesn't change the law, writing to your MP might help though.

6. John Jennings
    Joke

He said Bell End Gwrrr

1. james 68

actually i alluded to a thrusting bell-end, but my enquiry was serious.

This topic is closed for new posts.