back to article 'I like big butts and I cannot lie, hackers take Pinterest on a joyride'

Miscreants have made an ass out of users of bewildering photo-sharing website Pinterest – by hijacking their accounts to flood the boards with butt pics. The cheeky spammers gained control of the profile pages by tricking victims into clicking on “Pin This” widgets on websites or running dodgy apps, all of which had malicious …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. VeganVegan
    Joke

They should examine the butts for

pin worms.

2. phear46

My significant other is obsessed with pinterest at the min. Whats the big deal? Funny cat pictures? There can't be that many to warrant spending so much time trawling through. Same with Twitter! There just can't be that much interesting stuff on there!

3. LaeMing
    Happy

Perhaps it was this guy!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAuXuxD0Oo

4. Kracula
    Trollface

Interesting...

Maybe it's time to sign up on Pinterest...but only if they ensure new pictures daily

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd complain about the chidish use of derriere synonyms...

But my family would be bummed if I was behind some asinine conviction that I 'can' get to the bottom of el Regs attempt to make Pinterest the butt of a joke.

1. andreas koch
      Meh

@ Marketing Hack - Re: I'd complain about the chidish use of derriere synonyms...

Not all that funny . . .

Your work output is hopefully better.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: @ Marketing Hack - I'd complain about the chidish use of derriere synonyms...

Why so serious?

6. Eddy Ito

So, one question

Was it Pinterest that was hacked or was it another lesson that folks shouldn't use 'password', '123456', etc. for their password?

1. andreas koch

@ Eddie Ito - Re: So, one question

rtfa?

1. andreas koch
        FAIL

Re: @ Eddy Ito - So, one question

Sorry for your misspelled name. You can call me Andrej.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Eddy Ito

Re: @ Eddy Ito - So, one question

No worries Andrej, most people don't get it right but kudos for knowing the traditional spelling. There's no need for a fail flag or to get butt hurt over someone down voting but have a couple of up votes on me to even out the score.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh.

I'm more of a breast man.

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Meh.

Well, it does sound as if things went Tits Up as far as security is concerned.

1. Fibbles

Re: Meh.

Yup, they've certainly made an arse of their security.

8. Skymonrie

Pin the tail on the donkey

David Attenborough In 1000 years on a cave painting

The missing link between ass and humans found. This creature represents the breakthrough of species for the first time caring more about social life than survival. It is due to the sheer number of clicks (from the newly refined fingers) on trees, stones, even frogs that word spread our mouths can be used for eating, not just talking about the latest cave drama.

Cave pictures depict this creature slumped over a tablet like slab with a crooked spine using its finger to draw a a tree with two coconuts on it. We believe this was how the ass-a-man passed on knowledge to future generations about what foods were safe and dangerous.

This other picture shows a lady begging the man not to mix his coconuts with her starfish, as we now know, mixing the two produces deadly toxins. A marvellous species representing a new transformation of life...as we know it.

9. Arachnoid

Weight

Comes to something when they start attacking fluffy cats

10. Isendel Steel

But...t

"In a statement this morning, US West Coast time, the website's team told The Reg its techies have got to the bottom of the problem, and are in the process of cleaning up the mess:"

Minion 1: bottom "chuckle"

Minion 2: bottom "chuckle"

Minion 1 & 2: "chuckles"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: But...t

Why the down votes? Someone having a sense of humour fail on a Monday morning?

Have an up vote from me :-)

11. Bottle_Cap
    Coat

Did they put their crack team on fixing it? /coat

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like