back to article Play Mario using just your EYES as Google Glass gets JavaScript

There are many reasons to hate Google Glass, ranging from the accusation that it's an evil surveillance device to the perfectly reasonable suggestion it's terribly ugly. But you might also have been annoyed that it didn't feature JavaScript. Youtube Video Now at least one of the many concerns about Glass have been resolved …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

Yes but fashion is subjective. Many people thing the Segway is cool... and as long as those people have the money to buy one, it doesn't matter what the rest think.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Segway was another hyped up thing, world changing apparently. It was for the inventor who went off a cliff on his.

With 66% of people overweight or obese the Segway was just a bad idea, laziness taken to the next level. There's nothing wrong with the technology though.

Same with Glass, the technology is fine but the application is not.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Down

"Segway was another hyped up thing, world changing apparently. It was for the inventor who went off a cliff on his."

Let's not be spreading misinformation, shall we? The inventor is alive and well. The plunger was the bloke who bought the company later:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315518/Segway-tycoon-Jimi-Heselden-dies-cliff-plunge-scooters.html

2. Lurk

Wasn't the tech for the Segway used for some wheelchairs? I remember seeing a wheelchair that could climb stairs using the same tech that keeps Segways from toppling over.

Just because Glass looks silly now, it may be more useful than we currently believe.

3. Euripides Pants

Re: the Segway was just a bad idea

Anything George W. Bush can fall off can't be all bad.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great, so you can now have your vision obscured with a "Javascript is taking a long time...." error.

3. sorry, what?
    Devil

Nintendon't

JavaScript? On a Nintendo console? Now that would be interesting.

Me thinks the journo doesn't appreciate the fact that Mario isn't available on anything else. At least, not in any official capacity.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So how about Mr. Marc Newson…

design a better prototype, since he's so clever?

Technological constraint: It must be as big as glass and weigh as much. There is no current technology which would allow to make it smaller.

Market constraint: It must be aimed at the general population, not geeks.

5. Richard Boyce
    Facepalm

Jostling

"Someone jostling you in the train? No problem."

Err no, 'cause while your attention is absorbed by Glass, your pocket is being picked...

6. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Thumb Up

"you just look like a complete dick"

And that would be different for me from any other day just how?

I've been a geek for 40 years now. I really could not give less of a shit about what I look like or what people think of me. If it does something useful for me, I'll use it.

1. Charles Manning

How it's different

Thick glasses, skinny,... these were your genetic cards handed to you so most reasonable people will cut you slack.

GGlasses.... your choosing.

That is the diference.

7. BenBell
    Mushroom

Cant wait to get my hands on a pair! I have a feeling these will make an awesome helmet/eye camera when out on my motorbiek during a track day!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like