back to article Pop music, tech bubble... what could go wrong? Spotify said to be closer to IPO

Spotify could be making its much-rumoured market debut as soon as six months from now, after reportedly starting talks with investment banks for an IPO. Those chatty sources "familiar with the process" told Quartz that the music streaming service was considering going public in autumn this year. The report adds fuel to a well …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$4bn??

Is that a little low or just a realistic estimate?

King.com decided they were worth nearly double that, and they only release a few apps ripped off from indie developers.

2. Mtech25
    Windows

Well at least they have some sort of Business plan

But I don't think they have generated a profit yet so still overvalued, where is the el reg bubble icon?

3. Lionel Baden

please.....

Please please dont Fuck up spotify ......

I have finally found a music service that does what it said on the tin, Legally !!!

4. James Boag

Since I discovered Spotify

The paid version on my phone, Linux and windows devices i have given up on dodgy sources of media, so much so that im saving a fortune on not having to have the parrot shit cleaned of my jackets !

5. Dick Emery

Spotty fy more like

They are somewhat spotty on their international music rights. I still cannot listen to most of what Asia has to offer. World music seems to be a bit lacking. Until I can listen to the latest Yui Horie track they can take a run and jump of a short plank.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like