back to article WTF: Twitter bug temporarily kills THAT Oscar selfie

Twitter was awash with complaints late yesterday as celeb stalkers noticed they could no longer access a number of famous tweets - including that Oscar selfie. The micro-blogging site said it was working on a fix about 12 hours ago and it has yet to provide an update, but the missing tweets appear to be slowly returning to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Flame

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

AND NO ONE CARED!

1. 404

I care... in a way. Still tweaked about the 33% price increase of the Note 3 within 24 hours of that damn pic. DeGeneres uses an iPhone IRL anyway...

<grumble>

2. Sir Barry
    Stop

Sheesh

"panicky fans moaning to Twitter saying shouty things like "Get it fixed NOW!!!" and "PLEASE IM LITERALLY GONNA CRY PLEASE SORT IT OUT.""

Some people need to get a life

1. wowfood

Re: Sheesh

I'm sorry you went over the 140char limit. Please try again.

3. John G Imrie

OMG

I'm literally going to write OMG in a comment about twitter on another web site's comment system.

1. Gav

Retweet: OMG

And I'm literally going to re-comment it. John G Imrie

I'm literally going to write OMG in a comment about twitter on another web site's comment system.

2. BenBell

Re: OMG

RT @John G Imrie "OMG"

...or something like that. I don't know, I don't use twitter. I'm too old for this (stuff)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No class action suit yet?

Well, it is quite early in the morning still in The Land of The Fee.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wonderful!

Lady Gaga and One Direction musings on life go missing and people still say there's no god!?

6. Simon Harris
    Meh

Did I miss something?

I have no idea what that Oscar selfie was!

1. Ben Bonsall

Re: Did I miss something?

Who is Oscar Selfie, indeed, who are Oscar Selfies, if there are enough to refer to one of them as THAT Oscar Selfie?

1. Swarthy

I believe that Oscar Selfie is a dis-owned cousin of Keyser Söze.

2. Fink-Nottle

> I have no idea what that Oscar selfie was!

Wasn't it that shot Oscar Pistorius took?

7. Jim 59

Oscar Selfie

Ah the Oscar Selfie. Great picture to be sure. But isn't a "selfie" taken by a camera being held by someone on the picture ?

I think the word they were looking for was "photograph"

1. Spleen

Re: Oscar Selfie

I'm ashamed that I know this, but it was. It's being taken by the guy kneeling at the front with the silly beard.

*edit*

You could however argue that it isn't a selfie on the grounds that a selfie is taken spontaneously, for reasons of vanity or to show something off (e.g. new clothes or meeting a celebrity). The Oscar shot wouldn't count as a selfie because it was staged for advertising purposes.

8. earl grey
    WTF?

I'm eternally thankful

I have no frikkin' idea whose oscar selfie you're talking about. Guess that what i get for living in a cave and not using tweeter-dee. Now get off my lawn.

9. NoneSuch Silver badge

The sudden disappearance of the tweets led to some panicky fans moaning to Twitter saying shouty things like "Get it fixed NOW!!!" and "PLEASE IM LITERALLY GONNA CRY PLEASE SORT IT OUT."

Good Lord. People need to turn off their phones and get a life.

10. Alistair
    Pint

Which hospital did he go to?

Just want to send flowers to Oscar. Hope the defibrillator didn't burn off too much chest hair.

11. Ulaavi
    Mushroom

Plan set in motion...

..although some humans have noticed that tweets have gone missing.

Note: should speed up erasure speed.

12. Mitoo Bobsworth
    WTF?

This is newsworthy?

Really?

(sigh) Oh dear.

1. Tomato42

Re: This is newsworthy?

it is a partial outage in a service used by some for informing about infrastructure outages.

So yes, it is newsworthy on an IT site.

References to Oscar Selfie are just the "biting the hand" part of El Reg style.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like