back to article Brit 'naut Major Tim could carry YOUR name into SPAAAAACCEEE

Astronaut Tim Peake needs a name for his next mission, when he'll become the first official British astronaut to head into orbit aboard the International Space Station. The European Space Agency has launched its usual competition to name an upcoming astronaut's mission, this time for Major Tim's six month stint in the ISS, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pen-y-gors

Already entered...

with 'Bugger Bognor' - being in the ISS has to be better than anywhere on the ground, particularly Bognor. And of course it has historical importance as the originator of the quote was related to most of the crowned heads of Europe.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

UK entry

pISSed Up.

3. Elmer Phud

A more caring and sensitive option?

It could come from the 'Science can't tell you everything' brigade --

'While you bastards are wasting billions on space there are kittens dying because of you!'

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mission Henman.

"Come on Tim.."

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Corfield Blindsided or Black Streak

6. hi_robb

I've entered to.

I suggested 'Munro' as Tim is a keen climber, loves Scotland and climbing there and has a Scottish wife. It's also a play on his name with Sir Munro being the first to catalogue all 'peaks' over 3000ft in Scotland.

Here's hoping.

D

7. Evil Auditor Silver badge
    Coat

"Major Tim could carry YOUR name..."

Great idea! but still think it kind of weird having Tim carrying "Evil Auditor" into space.

8. VinceH

Mission Drax

9. ElectricFox
    Joke

"Entrants also need to be careful that the logo is one that can be pronounced in other European languages, not just in English."

Probably why they didn't choose a Glaswegian:

"Jimmy in Flight", or JIF for short...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mission to do what, exactly?

What is his mission? What will he do when he's in the ISS? El Reg article doesn't say. The BBC article doesn't say. The ESA competition website doesn't say. So what are we naming? Is it top secret?

11. Martin Budden Silver badge

Mission Impissible

12. Martin Budden Silver badge

I'm getting dISSy zooming round and round in circles!

13. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

As he's British and leaving the country to spend time with a group of male colleagues and get high, may I suggest "ISStag Night"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like