back to article Cisco pursuing bribery investigation in FSU countries

Cisco is investigating the probity of unnamed resellers in Russia and other former Soviet Union countries, to determine whether or not it could be exposed to violations of US anti-bribery laws. The company first discussed the allegations in this December 23 blog post, which went under the radar in the lead-up to Christmas. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark 85

Bad News - Good News

Bad news is "we may have paid some bribes".

Good news is "it won't affect our PROFIT".

Sounds like ethics takes a backseat to profit, again. I wonder what would have been said if it were to affect the bottom line? Denial? Lawsuits?

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Bad News - Good News

Bad news is "we may have gotten caught paying some bribes".

Good news is "preliminary reports indicate there is little likelihood that this will not result in charges against our executives."

Same article, two different interpretations.

1. Mark 85

I took the good news from here: In its filing, Cisco noted that the countries covered by the investigation comprise less than two per cent of its revenues, so the outcome of any investigation isn't expected to have “a material adverse effect on its consolidated financial position, results of operations, or cash flows”. ®"

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Aye, whereas I believe that's merely a bone thrown to investors and not remotely the bit the people running the company care about.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like