back to article Samsung narrows counter-claim against Apple in US

Samsung has trimmed some of its claims in its never-ending lawsuit with Apple, removing two standards-essential patents and one other from its complaint. In this filing to the US District Court, the two companies have agreed that the following Samsung patents will be removed from the case: US patent 7,756,087, which covers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Grikath

It seems..

mr. Slant is preparing to lift an eyebrow?

2. returnmyjedi

I'm pretty certain I had a Sony Ericsson that was able to fulfil claim 27 also. Seems like a pretty obvious claim so how its patentable is rather puzzling.

1. Byz

Part of claim 27 is quite specific on hardware to be used

"The microcomputer 411 for controlling the transmission rate stores a constant amount of MPEG1-formatted data in a buffer memory 412. The formatted data is passed through an interface circuit 413 and a card connector 414 and reaches a harddisk drive 415. The card connector 414 is configured on the PCMCIA standards and thus contains 68 pins. The harddisk drive 415 is sized to a memory card and subject to the PC card standards defined by the PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association)."

I don't remember a PCMCIA being used on an iPhone (maybe on an apple newton that predates the patent).

:o

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Judge Lucy Koh

There must be mornings when this poor woman wakes up and thinks... "God give me the strength to make it through this day".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Judge Lucy Koh

You are probably right, though describing a US judge as a "poor woman" would cause hollow laughter in 99.9% of the world's population.

I imagine too that she has other cases, in some of which one of the parties is the good guy rather than both of them being the bad guy, as here.

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
        Joke

Re: Judge Lucy Koh

At least it is easy to remain impartial if you feel both parties are tiresome into the extreme

1. VinceH

Re: Judge Lucy Koh

I'm not entirely sure the joke icon was necessary, there.

4. Ted Treen
    Flame

Both companies...

...would probably be well advised to initiate a cull within their respective legal departments.

Perhaps then they could begin to operate and compete rationally, with the main winners being the customers and not the sodding lawyers!

5. DoctorNine

With less manufacturing overlap between Apple and Samsung, I suspect that soon we will start to see less hemorrhaging of IP lawsuits. Not much consolation to Judge Koh today though.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like